Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Faction: Ferrets and Owls

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhurising View Post
    On the subject of birds, I asked a good friend of mine who has volunteered at the local bird preserve here, and he suggested looking into the Great Horn owls. Known for particular aggressive tendencies anyway, and roughly the size of the rook. So fits in theme with the barbarian/viking/rage thing I'm going for.

*back to research*
    He must be mistaken, not trying to be a but, but a Rook is just over a foot tall and a Great Horned Owl is just over 2 feet tall.

Just because the sizes don't match up is no reason to return to the drawing board, this game has a ton of magic transformation, who says your owl and ferret couldn't be shrunken? Or maybe its just a smaller type owl and an exeptionally young ferret. I could go on and on about how you could rationalize it but i think you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenchild View Post
    Just because the sizes don't match up is no reason to return to the drawing board, this game has a ton of magic transformation, who says your owl and ferret couldn't be shrunken? Or maybe its just a smaller type owl and an exeptionally young ferret. I could go on and on about how you could rationalize it but i think you get the idea.
    I agree completely. my original comment was just based on established size comparisons (of the Weasel from DT).
    ...the rich

No, I get it and understand, I'm good with whatever as long as it's more figs and they look great!

Personally I like the consistency of real life creature size. That's why I recommend the Kestrel and Pygmy Owl in another thread. Kestrel could be quick and deadly. The Pygmy would be slow but sturdy. Probably get a boost against rat/mouse units. As for ferrets, I like Shrews better! Plus Ferrets cant climb. Not to knock the idea, I think its all cool, just not my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Personally I like the consistency of real life creature size. That's why I recommend the Kestrel and Pygmy Owl in another thread. Kestrel could be quick and deadly. The Pygmy would be slow but sturdy. Probably get a boost against rat/mouse units. As for ferrets, I like Shrews better! Plus Ferrets cant climb. Not to knock the idea, I think its all cool, just not my taste.
    That seems pretty cool. But i have to tell you, i've owned ferrets and they can most definately climb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12