Thread: Crazy Combos and Strange Synergies #1 - Anchornaut

Default Crazy Combos and Strange Synergies #1 - Anchornaut

So I haven't seen a whole lot of strategy posts recently and thought this could be a really helpful way of sharing interesting and/or unconvential ways of using cards in the current pool with other players that coulf help with our deckbuilding. I thought we could start with the Anchornaut. Here goes (please add ideas as you think of them):

1. Can be resurrected with a ceremonial power die without your PB taking damage (0 atk).

2. Throw does not take an action. This can allow you to do more damage to an opponents battlefield in a turn than side actions alone would allow (important to help Coal to clear a battlefield before attacking as his Main action).

3. Use Throw to kill one of your exhausted units to make room for a fresh summon.

4. Use Throw to damage a Living Doll or Leech Warrior to then trigger their ability (dice exhaust / damage PB)

5. Use Throw to kill the anchornaut to trigger Final Cry or Chant of Revenge. This could also be used to trigger Summon Sleeping Widows and you could then attack with the Widows in the same turn.

6. In precon. Coal, an Anchornaut with Spiked Armour can be surprisingly good at controlling the battlefield.

What have I missed?

Can you actually target yourself with Throw? That seems a stretch of the card's intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Soakman View Post
    Can you actually target yourself with Throw? That seems a stretch of the card's intent.
    Yup. Same with the Gilder ability. There is a difference between 'a target unit' and 'a target unit your opponent controls'.