Thread: Maeoni v Aradel

Default Maeoni v Aradel

Just looking for some suggestions on this match up from the Aradel side. We've just got the game (purchased two cores) to play with my twin daughters (10 years) over the christmas and new years break. Loving the game, the art work is awesome, and both daughters are right into it. But we've been getting a little frustrated with this match up. Played it 3 times now and Maeoni has won each time. Eventually feeding up that snake and using hypnotise to push through big damage enough each game to take it.

Aradel struggles just to keep the board clear of snakes / gilders let alone pushing much damage through to Maeoni. Tried the whole gaze ability to try and lock down snakes as they are summoned, but eventually the blue jaguars get taken out.

Suggestions on this match up to assist the Aradel player much appreciated.

We're prob misplaying. Maeoni just seems so strong and kind of auto pilot for the win, normally very clear what the best plays are while with Aradel a little more challenging perhaps.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Maeoni does seem on auto pilot a bit in her pre-construction form. Remember this though - her battlefield size is only 3. Aradel's is 8. Use that to.your advantage.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Conceptually, Gilders are the outright solution for Mist Spirits. If Aradel is going to summon any 1/1's, she needs to summon only 1 of them and Root Armor them swiftly. More likely, Aradel needs to focus on Blue Jaguars and using her dice power + phoenix born power to isolate Maeoni's Silver Snakes. A Focused Summon Silver Snake is just a huge problem for low toughness creatures. Lock them down with Gaze 1, Steady Gaze them again if Aradel didn't roll enough Nature Power (Frogs), Molten Gold the Snake if Aradel needs to. Once the Snake situation is handled, then Aradel can pump out Mist Spirits knowing that they will probably be undervalued compared to Gilders... until there's 6 of the in play.

You probably don't want to stack exhaustions on Maeoni as she can just Refresh them.
    Winter is Coming...

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Also remember base Aradel won't have Molten Gold...
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!