Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kestrel Run in under 12 parsecs

Default Kestrel Run in under 12 parsecs

So been thinking of a little scenario now that Star Wars is out.

Lay out the map in some kind of race configuration (maybe would be better with two sets, but long and skinny) and then have a race. Sure we don't have Kestrel's (at least not yet) but I still like the title.

Set a point cost for bird and rider, maybe you get cheese to start with if you come in under. Have berries in places to heal wounds. Ballista as automated defenses. Rats or mice placed to take pot shots ala pod racing.

I Love this idea and name. I just got done photocopying trees and leaves, with a little resizing as well for a more wooded area. This will be fun, perhaps go with the basic g contact rules instead of the death spiral rule. Now if we could get an Kestrel for gameplay, that would be great. But hey at least we have five birds for up to a good group race.

Quote Originally Posted by SketchRs View Post
    I Love this idea and name. I just got done photocopying trees and leaves, with a little resizing as well for a more wooded area. This will be fun, perhaps go with the basic g contact rules instead of the death spiral rule. Now if we could get an Kestrel for gameplay, that would be great. But hey at least we have five birds for up to a good group race.
    this does sound like a fun idea, always love a good race, especially if you have a slalom gates to maneuver through in the process, but why kill the Death Spiral rules? those are half the fun (and would make for some interesting crashes or need to do some flying 180s to get back into the race).
    ...the rich

Quote Originally Posted by demon_llama View Post
    this does sound like a fun idea, always love a good race, especially if you have a slalom gates to maneuver through in the process, but why kill the Death Spiral rules? those are half the fun (and would make for some interesting crashes or need to do some flying 180s to get back into the race).
    My point was, since the main objective is the race, you want to keep the race moving.

My original thought was any bumping from the side or rear would just do a point of damage to each. More jostling for position. Maybe a pilot check to ignore the damage.

Any head on collision would still go to a death spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by Genestealer View Post
    My original thought was any bumping from the side or rear would just do a point of damage to each. More jostling for position. Maybe a pilot check to ignore the damage.

Any head on collision would still go to a death spiral.
    That I like a lot, especially the pI lot check to ignore damage.

Maybe have some rules for entanglement?

Any ideas?

This sounds awesome! And to maximize birds, it could be a relay race too.

I like the relay idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast