Thread: Divine Wind Question

Default Divine Wind Question

Wait, so could Tilda theoretically one shot an enemy by pushing them off the edge with Devine Wind?
    Last edited by tristak; 12-11-2015 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tristak View Post
    Wait, so could Tilda theoretically one shot an enemy by pushing them off the edge with Devine Wind?
    Not really unless they couldn't get back onto the battlefield on their turn.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Hello,

Divine Wind is a really effective card--one of my favorites.

The reference for this is in the rules on Page 9 in the paragraph right above the 'Crossing' heading.
    If you end a figure’s movement completely out of the battlefield, place that figure in your casualty pile.

The check for this is at the end of a figure's movement, and it is important to note that "Movement" is a specific thing, not just any time a figure is physically relocated. That's why you wouldn't check for the bird becoming a casualty when Tilda uses Divine Wind (on Tilda's activation). This sort of relocation uses the term "Shift" in the rules to differentiate it from "Movement."

But, if you're tricky, you might be able to catch a bird that's positioned and with a heading that might make it difficult for it to get back on the battlefield on its activation.
    Either way, I think you'll find that Divine Wind is a very effective and useful card.

KAM

Ah, I see now. Thank you for the replies!

Awe, makes sense now, thank you guys.