Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Order of Effect Damage Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by nyphot View Post
    I technically can deal the damage in any order.
    Just a small correction: When resolving the immediate effects of a card, you have to resolve the card effects from top to bottom. So you would must first deal the damage to the target unit and then to the target Phoenixborn. After you have finished resolving the immediate effects of the card, both of those damages are now waiting to resolve under the damage/destruction resolution process. The active player can choose which of those damages to run through the damage resolution process first.
    So because the damages haven't resolved into wound tokens and destruction yet, it doesn't make a difference, but I wanted to point out the rule that you have to resolve the immediate card effects from top to bottom.

Wow, thank you for the correction. I totally knew that so I'm not sure why I wrote it incorrectly. I'll adjust my post accordingly as well. I think I actually meant something along the lines of "technically have to do it in order but you have to do all of the effects on the card before anything can trigger off of those effects."

But the words got lost halfway through... Thanks for the catch!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12