Thread: Veer Action Card

Default Veer Action Card

Today I used the Veer action card (let's you move your bird short laterally), to break out of a death spiral. Is this legal? I can't see anything that says it is not...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoulder View Post
    Today I used the Veer action card (let's you move your bird short laterally), to break out of a death spiral. Is this legal? I can't see anything that says it is not...
    No but you can use it to avoid a death spiral.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
    No but you can use it to avoid a death spiral.
    Why not? Is there a rules reference?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoulder View Post
    Why not? Is there a rules reference?
    Veer is a shift and only works for actively flying bird figures not for bird figures in a spiral or perched or any other state. While we're at it, this also applies to other cards such as Battle Wind and Tumbling Free-fall.

Shifting is covered in the glossary and action cards are covered in the additional rules section. Bird action cards can only be played by birds in flight (not in a spiral) unless otherwise stated on the card.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Ah, cheers. I guess as you have to be in flight to go into a death spiral, I just assumed that you were still in flight when in the spiral. Hopefully that makes it into an errata as it would be nice to have the clarification for people who are just reading the rulebook.

Many thanks.