Thread: Siege Commando Rush

Default Siege Commando Rush

Does dumping commandos into the enemy tree seem very powerful to anyone else? Eight dice a turn on a nest? How would you guys mitigate this?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoulder View Post
    Does dumping commandos into the enemy tree seem very powerful to anyone else? Eight dice a turn on a nest? How would you guys mitigate this?
    it's a strong siege of the mice's tree, but I think you can only use 3 of Snag's Commando's each time you activate them (because that is the squad size listed in (#) on their card), so that would be Six dice. Then if there are any Oakwood hiding out on the branches, ready to supply fire...
    Last edited by demon_llama; 12-04-2015 at 09:39 PM.
    ...the rich

Ah cheers! I had missed the squad value part. Yeah, my oak guard were... Less than effective. Lol.

Hello,

TheBoulder: The rush tactic is one that is fairly easy to see, but also one we tested against a lot. There are a variety of tactics you can use to blunt that.

First you have the intercept mission which if you anticipate a siege can cut down the invading force a bit. You can also try to swoop missions regularly, but on turn one siege that isn't likely to work.

Initiative is very important. Being able to activate your defenders and take out a few enemy figures in your tree is a big difference.

Those are some very basic starting tips. When you have a few plays in, you will have a good feel for what units can do.

Also, you could take the stance of the best defense being a good offense. Your birds are pretty fast and you can put pressure on the enemy nest with them while using your Oakguard for defense on your tree.

Lots of possibilities. I hope you enjoy exploring the game.

KAM

Many thanks! Yes, I'm definitely enjoying it so far!