Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tournament Standards

I think, since your using swiss style, you could control the time issue by implementing other victory measures other then nest points. Considering with advancement, it would make sense to change victory conditions.

I plan on running a small tournament in the new year, just with my friends. I'm going to tweak the format over the holidays but I agree that the advancement is what will set this apart.

The only thing to make sure is that each players advances something, so that the teams are always balanced. The rewards for winning can be something else, but each side should get to advance one unit secretly. Then, at the beginning of play, they have to demonstrate they still have the correct point balance.

The only issue is to make sure that everyone brings the necessary cards to advance whatever units they have in the army.

Can't wait to hear your results and how they liked it.

i'd love to hear how your little tournament goes, and the final format you used. our FLAGS here loves to run tournaments and i'm hoping to fire up interest in TF, get some of the AW people interested (from phasers to shortbows I guess). I know at least one already plays M&M with his kids, so it's a start.
    ...the rich

So what's the standard tournament area size going to be? I'd love 36" X 36" to correspond with X-Wing.
    Orc.....Elf.....Army.....One
    OrcElfArmyOne on Heroscapers, iOS, and Vassal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
    So what's the standard tournament area size going to be? I'd love 36" X 36" to correspond with X-Wing.
    well since the official map is 36.5" square, my guess is that 36" would seem to be the best to go with. I know there are several companies that are working on producing skirmish maps to use with D&D Attack Wing (which usually uses a 36"square field), so the standardized works.
    ...the rich

Quote Originally Posted by demon_llama View Post
    well since the official map is 36.5" square, my guess is that 36" would seem to be the best to go with. I know there are several companies that are working on producing skirmish maps to use with D&D Attack Wing (which usually uses a 36"square field), so the standardized works.
    Oh cool, I didn't realize that the official map was that big, I thought it was going to be about a 32-34" square. I just like having games be universalized.

Also, I don't have a mat for either, but I'm much more interested in a Tail Feathers one; I've already given enough money to FFG, and would much rather support PHG, my favorite company! Again, as long as the Tail Feathers is 36", I will definitely buy one!
    Orc.....Elf.....Army.....One
    OrcElfArmyOne on Heroscapers, iOS, and Vassal as well.

the announcement about the map is found here:
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/615
    it is an awesome looking map! can't wait to get one!
    TF01_Playmat_version2_web.jpg
    ...the rich

Will update soon, looks like we have had some advancement.

Sweet, can't wait.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast