Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tournament Standards

from a story element, I cannot see the Heroes of Castle Andon being mercenaries for hire by Vermin, but I am a stubborn old man, so don't put too much stock in my opposition to this rule. I tend to have the same opinion in HeroScape and STAW. LOL.

however, I do have another concern about the rules. in a tournament format you will have players with the same faction facing each other. while the birdies are clearly marked (and assuming that the players are using unpainted min's like me-I can't paint), the other figures are not. after Player A successfully launches a Siege and moves his 3 Snag's Commandos into Player B's nest; how are we going to know whose miniature is who?
    ...the rich

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    So am I hearing that the merc nature of the M&M units needs to be more defined in the standards? Or is it okay as is, for now.
    I say as is, until Plaid Hat releases cards fir the other Mice & Mystic expansions or more units in general.

My opinion - If the tournament rules are not going to match the regular game rules, the differences need to be very clear. It should be even more specific than currently stated. If any MM character may be drafted into any faction, even though the card backs indicate that they are specifically Vermin or Militia, then change the wording to say something like this:

Army Details: Each player is to bring one 60-point army, Mice and Mystic units allowed. Players may not mix Downwood Militia Units and Vermin Raider Units in their draft. However, any Mice and Mystic Unit may be drafted into either faction; they are all considered mercenaries for either faction and need not be assigned to their normal faction. Each player is to bring one set of nine action cards, with no duplicates of a single card. Please bring personal markers, at least ten tailfeather tokens, and a measuring stick.

If a TD does not want to mix the factions, then this wording could be used:

Army Details: Each player is to bring one 60-point army, Mice and Mystic units allowed. Players may not mix factions within their army. Each player is to bring one set of nine action cards, with no duplicates of a single card. Please bring personal markers, at least ten tailfeather tokens, and a measuring stick.
    Last edited by Targanth; 01-04-2016 at 02:36 PM.

just a wording note; "Faction" should likely be changed to "Alliance" since that is what the faction symbol is referred to in the rulebook (page 3, Unit Card Anatomy).
    ...the rich

I'm good with whatever.

Updated so there is no mixing, because the factions are clearly marked. I assume this will evolve as events actually get underway. Also hosts can just change the template as they see fit. It now states
    Army Details: Each player is to bring one 60-point army, Mice and Mystic units allowed. Players may not mix Downwood Militia and Vermin Raiders in their draft. Each player is to bring one set of nine action cards, with no duplicates of a single card.

I might mess around with a few army mixes to see how it feels, for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Updated so there is no mixing, because the factions are clearly marked. I assume this will evolve as events actually get underway. Also hosts can just change the template as they see fit. It now states
    Army Details: Each player is to bring one 60-point army, Mice and Mystic units allowed. Players may not mix Downwood Militia and Vermin Raiders in their draft. Each player is to bring one set of nine action cards, with no duplicates of a single card.

I might mess around with a few army mixes to see how it feels, for future reference.
    Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by demon_llama View Post
    however, I do have another concern about the rules. in a tournament format you will have players with the same faction facing each other. while the birdies are clearly marked (and assuming that the players are using unpainted min's like me-I can't paint), the other figures are not. after Player A successfully launches a Siege and moves his 3 Snag's Commandos into Player B's nest; how are we going to know whose miniature is who?
    To address this players will most likely just use the face your mini one way rule. If we both have Oakguard units, we make sure to always face our own minis the same way, and you face yours the other. i.e my Oakgaurds's always face left and yours always face right kinda thing. Usually this is just left up to the players to decided on, and nopt put into any kind of formal standards.

Hey y'all,

Just stumbled upon this, and I was wondering if anyone was able to test a tournament with the above rules? If so, how'd the event go? I'd love to hear details about the event, and any rule changes you would make. Also, how many rounds of Swiss were played? I'm guessing 3-4 rounds would be appropriate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234