Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament Standards

Default Tournament Standards

The following is a community built and suggested format/template to be used for Tail Feathers tournaments. Feel free to post questions or concerns as this format is still in its infant stages and constantly being updated. The template below can be used to structure your own local event.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________

What: [Insert Event Name]
    When:[Insert Date/Time]
    Where: [Insert Location W/ Linked Venue Website/Map]

Format Details: Swiss Style Format. [Insert entry fee if any]. [Insert prize pool if any]. [Insert alternate information if any].

Army Details: Each player is to bring one 60-point army, Mice and Mystic units allowed. Players may not mix Downwood Militia and Vermin Raiders in their draft. Each player is to bring one set of nine action cards, with no duplicates of a single card. Please bring personal markers, at least ten tailfeather tokens, and a measuring stick.

Match Details: Nests will start at 10 life. All advanced rules apply. Time limit is 60 minutes per match. Matches are to be played on Plaid Hat Official Tail Feathers Game Mats.
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/615
    If neither player has won and nests are at the same life value individual active unit cost will be used to determine the winner. If points are even then the match will be considered a tie.
    Last edited by Chief; 01-04-2016 at 11:32 PM.

I agree, I'd love to see some organized play for this game. When it does come out, I will try to get something going at my local club.

I have played (and run) a lot of tournament locally, lately it has been STAW. I think tournaments will be a blast!
    the trick will be to create a win/loss ranking formatting that will work and be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I would also be interested in seeing a progressive tournament, where pilots level up, forces start in the casualty pile, etc.
    with the advancement system in Tail Feathers, I think this could make for some interesting kinks in a tournament. interesting.
    ...the rich

Here is a basic format that I worked up, thoughts?
    (NOT A REAL EVENT)
    What: The Colorado Claw Out

When: January 1st 2016, 11am – 4pm

Where: Enchanted Grounds

Format Details: Swiss Style Format. No entry fee. No prizes. Winner takes Colorado champion title.

Army Details: Each player is to bring one 50-point army, Mice and Mystic units allowed. Players may not mix Downwood Militia and Vermin Raiders. Each player is to bring one set of nine action cards. Please bring own markers and at least ten tail feather tokens.

Match Details: All advanced rules apply. First round of tournament all units in all player’s armies will start at their lowest level/rank. Each time a player wins a match they may advance one bird or pilot. Players must register this advance with the judge before starting their next match. Grudge and Veteran rules apply within each match, but will be cancelled out before the beginning of each new game. Each player’s nests will start with 15 points each match. First player to destroy the opponents nest wins.

I almost think a 60 point game might be better.

KAM and I have talked about possibly doing a Swiss style tournament that is also a campaign. So you bring a force that is made up of rookies and as you progress through the tournament, you are also able to level up your dudes based upon your win/loss in a 2/1 fashion. I think it would be pretty cool.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Yea, army size and nest life are the two big things that I can't really gauge yet since I haven't played yet. I just really like the idea of advancing units as the tourney progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
    KAM and I have talked about possibly doing a Swiss style tournament that is also a campaign. So you bring a force that is made up of rookies and as you progress through the tournament, you are also able to level up your dudes based upon your win/loss in a 2/1 fashion. I think it would be pretty cool.
    I really think that the Advancement element of Tail Feathers is what will make it's tournaments really stand out. when I play STAW or DDAW, I know what you have every time, but by round 3, I cannot guarantee what you will be playing because of advancing your Rookies and Named Birds. creates that X factor.
    ...the rich

I was just watching a quick flights and it said that a 60 point game takes about 90 min. That seems a little long for a desirable format for a tourney, but I dont have any actual expirence to base that off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    I was just watching a quick flights and it said that a 60 point game takes about 90 min. That seems a little long for a desirable format for a tourney, but I dont have any actual expirence to base that off yet.
    Well you could manipulate the nest points in whatever way allows for a more satisfying game at the desired length
    Always the Mice Guy!

Well you could manipulate the nest points in whatever way allows for a more satisfying game at the desired length
    ...Touche!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast