Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Balanced Card Reprints?

Thanks all for the replies.

My final comment about an official "patch" would be no cost to them. They could simply provide an updated list on their site that they can modify as they see fit as new decks are released.

Harlow's: "My point is that "balancing" the game with reprints can actually totally restrict the design of the future decks..." would be addressed by this. That being said, some cards will be forever broken (imho Gror)...

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Gror is fine nowadays. There's lots of stronger stuff and ways to deal with him.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

and to add to the discussion

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...hange-the-meta

I listed as few cards as possible to increase play flow and balance away from super heavy champ play. Second summoners are easy to fix: Torgans ability (summon minor ice wall) either at the start of your event phase or start of your attack phase. This way Torgan can be played offensively much easier. Bolvi just need a rule card change - upgrades behave like event abilities (go into discard pile if tower get's destroyed). The Queen is ok-ish enough in my opinion, as is Mad Sirian.
    Last edited by jwalker; 11-06-2015 at 05:17 AM.

Well, the only cards that need immediate change in my opinion, as they force extremely counterintuitive/unfun play - constant unit count and killing your units (not so much for mana but to prevent having more units on the battlefield) instead of your opponent's are Magic Drain cards; I'll try to convince my friends to implement at least that little change: allowing only 1 magic drain per player's turn.
    Just my 2 cents.

IMHO, Heroic Feat needs a faction restriction. It's bizarre for one single, non-mercenary, summoner in the whole game to have Time Mages, Bounders and Bow Grounders be serious threats instead of mostly a waste -- and that would be true even if the summoner in question wasn't OP without mercs.

I'd like to have heroic feat to have common GD units as restriction. Way to support common play for the GD.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    I'd like to have heroic feat to have common GD units as restriction. Way to support common play for the GD.
    This sounds good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12