Thread: abilities and exhaustion

Default abilities and exhaustion

Okay so I just started playing and I want to make sure I understand this. If I have Blue Jaguar out, and my opponent plays silver snake, if I gaze his SS, that's going ot put an exhaustion token on me and his SS correct?

Using Gaze will not exhaust your Blue Jaguar. All abilities that require you to exhaust the unit contain the exhaust symbol in the cost.

But it can only do it once, correct? since it is a Gaze 1

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzyBlake View Post
    But it can only do it once, correct? since it is a Gaze 1
    Each Blue Jaguar can only do it once per Unit played, but you can use it multiple times per round as long as you have the dice to pay for it. The 1 is referring to the number of exhaust tokens placed, so Gaze 2 would place 2 Exhaust tokens.

okay that confused me. So the way I read that was that it can do it once per unit played. meaning if I laid down a gilder and gazed, then another was put down I could gaze again with the same jag? or is it I gaze, exhaust. he's done for that round. correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzyBlake View Post
    okay that confused me. So the way I read that was that it can do it once per unit played. meaning if I laid down a gilder and gazed, then another was put down I could gaze again with the same jag? or is it I gaze, exhaust. he's done for that round. correct?
    Your question is very confusing. Using the Blur Jaguars Gaze 1 ability does not exhaust the jaguar, you may use a Blue Jaguars Gaze 1 ability multiple times in a round. Each time a unit comes into play on your opponents battlefield you may pay 1 basic symbol to place 1 exhaustion token on it for each Blue Jaguar you have in play. If your opponent has another unit come into play on their battlefield, you may place an exhaustion token on that unit by paying a basic symbol. As long as your Blue Jaguar does not have an exhaustion token on it, you may continue to pay 1 basic symbol to place 1 exhaustion token on a unit entering your opponents battlefield for each Blue Jaguar you have in play.

Got it okay thanks.