Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best card in the core set?

Default Best card in the core set?

What gets your vote for best card in the Ashes core set?

Mine would be Open Memories. It's obviously an auto include in any deck running the dice for it and probably should be splashed in most decks.

I'd say, right now, it's Molten Gold or Anchornaut. Molten Gold is 3 damage that basically nothing can be done about. Anchornaut's ability can be used in many situations during your turn, is cheap, and comes back from the discard pile without wounding your PB.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

I second Molten Gold. Having 9 unpreventable wounds in your deck is a big deal when that is more than half the health of half of the Phoenixborn in the game.

Enchanted Violinist.
    Winter is Coming...

Molten Gold is definitely very powerful. My only issue is that it's pretty expensive because of how powerful it is and if you are using it against a unit you're often over paying to kill something with less then three health.

Still, an extremely good card that should be a three of in any nature deck.
    Last edited by EmeraldArcher; 10-30-2015 at 12:15 PM.

In my limited play molten gold stands out. But golden vail also was fun to pull off.

Here's the popularity of cards:
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/606
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    Enchanted Violinist.
    I agree with this.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

This is the only thing I love about this game (Psych! this is #8 of 24, things I love about this game). That everyone's answer to this question is different.
    I often find myself saying, "This is one of my favorite cards..." But I say that for about 7-10 different cards, depending on the deckbuild.
    Molten Gold is definitely nice, but I don't usually run Nature/ Heavy Nature (if you need 2x Power, you need... MORE Nature!?)
    Personal favorites are Final Cry, Summon Sleeping Widows, Living Doll, Chant of Revenge, lets not get started on PB exclusives..., Redirect.
    Great cards but maybe not my style/favorites (yet) include Refresh, Hypnotize, Transfer. I have heard others as Expand Energy, Iron Worker, (somebody just said Enchanted Violinist), and more! (yes Blood Archers, you get something)
    If I had to pick 1... I could not. But I might say... (FEAR!?) or Final Cry. Ask me later.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    Here's the popularity of cards:
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/606
    How did I miss this!? So many wrong answers... ; )

Edit: I forgot to mention Shifting Mist, Hidden Power, or Call Upon the Realms. How could I do that!? (I did say Expand Energy...)
    Last edited by Maniacalraven; 11-02-2015 at 05:51 AM.

False Demon is at the bottom of the list below Cut The Strings LOL. Yet I always have them in my Ceremonials decks. My sparring partner does this too. Really underestimated Conjuration.

Its great that there is so much diversity in this game that almost of the cards are used in some way or another.
    Winter is Coming...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast