Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Summoner Wars Channel!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Sorry I've been away from the forums for a bit but Evan's been doing a nice job on his own promoting our stuff. I hope you guys continue watching and enjoying the videos! As Evan said we believe this one to be our best yet in terms of commentary. Also, if you guys wouldn't mind posting your comments on the youtube channel itself that would be greatly appreciated. More videos are in progress, by video 6 the goal is to show our hands each play haha.

Great game chaps!
    Loved the crazy rhino/blademaster assault and Melundak laying the smackdown in his last desperate play - and as for the barbed mutant - pure delicious carnage!
    Cool commentary and nice strategic tips - thanks!
    Looking forward to the next batch!

Quote Originally Posted by Prelate View Post
    Great game chaps!
    Loved the crazy rhino/blademaster assault and Melundak laying the smackdown in his last desperate play - and as for the barbed mutant - pure delicious carnage!
    Cool commentary and nice strategic tips - thanks!
    Looking forward to the next batch!
    Thanks so much for the kind words! I thought that was a particularly good game. We've got more videos in the works and, as we said in video 4, video 5 is pretty fun because it's three short games. We hope you like them!

We made a little video explaining our channel and what we might be doing with it in the future! Give it a quick watch if you would like, it's only about 5 minutes long. As per usual, our normal video 5 will go up sometime tomorrow (friday). Thanks everyone!

New video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc61GWoN9VU

Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKA...U4JyrJWtBVMf5g

As a frequent YT user love the idea here and I've already subcribed. Any thoughts over doing VASSAL based videos online?

Also, love the idea of doing Sneeks vs Prince ELien with all the new units.. I believe that post-SS Sneeks is able to really bring that MU a little closer with the right deckbuild

Thanks for the subscribe! We love it that other people are enjoying these, we're really enjoying making them.

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    Any thoughts over doing VASSAL based videos online?
    Great question! We have definitely talked about that because our third man, Joe, moved and now lives too far away to play physical games with him. We could either film vassal or film iOS app games with him. Vassal is obviously preferred because it will be easier to look at and see what's going on, and has every deck. The only drawback to vassal is that we can only see the game from one player's perspective, both players showing their hands (which we finally got to doing in video 6, which will be posted Friday, Nov 13) won't be an option. But seeing as how that's the only way we're getting frequent games with Joe, yeah, I think vassal videos are in our future.

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    Also, love the idea of doing Sneeks vs Prince ELien with all the new units.. I believe that post-SS Sneeks is able to really bring that MU a little closer with the right deckbuild
    Agreed, SS and Alliances really helped everyone. That matchup is much more manageable now. I would love to do some "lopsided" matchups soon and post those alongside our normal games. Any other desired matchups?

Hey just wanted to chime in and say I've been enjoying the videos you guys put up as well!
    Vassal would be an interesting option, although the camera angles in the live games have certainly improved since the first video.

Speaking of lopsided match ups, Sneeks vs Grognack is fairly tricky. It's nearly impossible to get wall surrounds with all those squishy units. I'd love to see a deck build that's both useable against Grognack, AND competitive against the other summoners as well.

Thanks for the support! We will probably do vassal in the future just so we can have Joe in more of our games. But I think most of our games will be physical, at least for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonis View Post
    Speaking of lopsided match ups, Sneeks vs Grognack is fairly tricky. It's nearly impossible to get wall surrounds with all those squishy units. I'd love to see a deck build that's both useable against Grognack, AND competitive against the other summoners as well.
    That's a great idea! So it looks like we definitely need to do some Sneeks-related content soon... I will get Matt on that pronto. We actually both think Sneeks is fun to play and both have pretty decent records with him. We will have to do some deckbuilding stuff as well as some games to show a powerful Sneeks deck!

Well hate to toot my own horn, but in my sig I wrote a Sneeks guide years ago before the Warden was out. Really pride myself with him so I'd love to throw you some of the decks I have tried with him if interested.

Also, Drakonis is spot on. Grognack is the real bad MU for Sneeks, and I believe it was even before he got the tools to beat Elien and Tacculu on a more regular basis

But Groggy is a bad MU for everyone. Simply put, he doesnt have any weakness. Every other summone rdoes, but Grognack just has no holes in his game

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Agreed, SS and Alliances really helped everyone. That matchup is much more manageable now. I would love to do some "lopsided" matchups soon and post those alongside our normal games. Any other desired matchups?
    Chiming in here to say that I love when I read this admidst all of the app-meta naysaying. Makes me feel like we did something right.

I'm going to get around to watching these, and I love that you're doing it Crimson! If you do start doing Vassal, have me on as a guest or something one time. I'd be happy to lose to you guys and talk about it.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast