Thread: Conjuration card number limit and spellboard limit

Default Conjuration card number limit and spellboard limit

Hi,
    As I am quite new to the game I have a question that might be a bit silly but I'll give it a go anyway!

If conjurations can be included in a conjuration deck in a specific number (no more, no less) and when they are killed or removed from play for some reason they go back into the conjuration deck,then what is the reason to have more conjurations of one type than the battlefield limit? For instance what is the purpose for an aradel deck of having 10 mist spirit cards since her battlefield limit won't allow her to have more than 8 in play?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Harakis; 10-27-2015 at 06:57 AM.

I believe you meant to say "battlefield" instead of "spellboard". The reason there are more Mist Spirit conjurations available than any current Phoenixborn can actually summon is the fact that expansions will include new Phoenixborn and some of them might have a battlefield larger than Aradel's.

You are right, I meant battlefield (already edited it)
    That is what I thought as well, that it concerns future expansions, but wanted to make sure that I haven't misinterpreted the rules!

Thanks for the reply!

Been trying to verify another spellboard question. If you are maxed out on you spellboard, do you need space to play a spell that goes to your discard pile?

You only need an available spellboard slot to play a card that has spellboard listed as it's placement. If the placement listed on the card is discard, you do not need an available spellboard slot.