Thread: Make 1 Change to a pre-constructed deck.

Default Make 1 Change to a pre-constructed deck.

So I was wondering, for each pre-constructed deck, what would be the one change (swap one set of cars for another) you would make?
    E.g. Noah - swap small sacrifice for chant of revenge. Coal - swap protect for summon butterfly monk.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Jessa - swap Cut the Strings for Small Sacrifice
    Aradel - swap Reflections in the Water for Molten Gold
    Coal - swap something crappy out for living doll x3 (need some charm dice though.... maybe instead get Bound Soul)
    Noah - swap Summon False Demon / Bring Forth for Expand Energy / Leech Warrior
    Saria - not sure on this one honestly.
    Maeoni - swap out Open Memories for Sympathy Pain
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Agree with Jessa. Rose fire Dancer for Aradel. Coal gets butterfly monk for iron rhino. Noah, gets rid of his stupid wolves add expand energy. Saria losses abundance and gains steady gaze. Maeoni loses empower and gains massive growth.
    LOVE AND PEACE!

I'm limiting this to cards you can play without changing the set of dice you're running with the deck to leave the changes as minimally as possible.

Aradel: Swap Shifting Mist for Empower. Shifting Mist is great for decks that need many Power symbols but Aradel only needs those occasionally for stuff like Butterfly Monks and Out of the Mist. Her core cards like Mist Spirit and Blue Jaguar only require class symbols and basics. Empower on the other hand works pretty well with her focus on lots of smaller units, helps you find the cards you need and once it's focussed it's not only free but actually gives you back a die of your choice.

Coal: Swap Chant of Revenge for Enchanted Violinist. I really wanted to give Coal something that increases the survivability of his fearsome Hammer Knights but sadly that's not possible with only Ceremonial and Natural dice. So instead I chose a card that greatly increases his potential to constantly ping enemy units. Enchanted Violinist triggers of Coals ability Slash and his unique card One Hundred Blades, which increases the likelihood of complete board clear. Nothing says "You're in for a world of pain!" like a Hammer Knight or Iron Rhino hitting an empty board running.

Jessa: Swap Cut the Strings for Small Sacrifice like killercactus suggested. There are no alteration spells currently in the game that you cannot deal with. Small Sacrifice on the other hand combos very well with Living Doll, giving you the ability to deal two damage to any unit on demand.

Maeoni: Swap Molten Gold for Spiked Armor. Molten Gold is extremely expensive for just three damage and Maeoni's biggest problem is her tiny battlefield. You can just fit two Silver Snakes and a Gilder on it so what are you going to do when your opponent attacks with his swarm of Mist Spirits time and time again? You put Spiked Armor on your Gilder and now he doesn't even have to counter (and exhaust) to kill anything with two life! Icing on the cake: Gilders have Unit Guard which means they can protect your Silver Sankes from direct attacks as well!

Noah: Swap Bound Soul for Shifting Mist. There's only one ally in your deck, Stormwind Sniper. He's definitely cool but not so crucial that you need the ability to get him back for one dagger, a card and a main action instead of one goat head and a side action. Remember when I said at the very beginning that Shifting Mist is great for decks that need many Power symbols? Noah's is that kind of deck. Once your Summon Masked Wolf is focussed you can spend one wolf instead of one face and a basic to use it. So as long as your dice are on the right side, you cut the summoning cost in half. You could theoretically summon ten wolves in one round, as long as enough of them die to free up space on your battlefield.

Saria: Swap out Sympathy Pain for Shadow Counter. This one I feel very strongly about. Saria doesn't need the ability to deal three damage to a Phoenixborn but she has a hard time dealing with big units and Shadow Counter takes out almost anything. Taking out big threats with Shadow Counter can give Saria the time to go through her opponents deck before her life points run out and she desperately needs that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinderlin View Post
    Coal: Swap Chant of Revenge for Enchanted Violinist. I really wanted to give Coal something that increases the survivability of his fearsome Hammer Knights but sadly that's not possible with only Ceremonial and Natural dice.
    I think butterfly monk can do this, provides unit guard + a constantly summon-able unit which is more reliable than allies, and can allow you to heal things. Just drop strengthen/protect (keep chant of revenge, direct damage is always good and you can almost guarantee it's activation when your monks are trying to get themselves killed.

Noah: Swap Bound Soul for Shifting Mist. There's only one ally in your deck, Stormwind Sniper. He's definitely cool but not so crucial that you need the ability to get him back for one dagger, a card and a main action instead of one goat head and a side action. Remember when I said at the very beginning that Shifting Mist is great for decks that need many Power symbols? Noah's is that kind of deck. Once your Summon Masked Wolf is focussed you can spend one wolf instead of one face and a basic to use it. So as long as your dice are on the right side, you cut the summoning cost in half. You could theoretically summon ten wolves in one round, as long as enough of them die to free up space on your battlefield.
    Two problems with this:
    1. You couldn't summon 10 wolves - you've only got three spells.
    2. If you want to add shifting mists, you will need to remove another ready spell from the line-up or violate the spell board limit.
    3. If you want shifting mists, drop Small sacrifice

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by albino_penguin View Post

2. If you want to add shifting mists, you will need to remove another ready spell from the line-up or violate the spell board limit.
    3. If you want shifting mists, drop Small sacrifice
    This isn't entirely true. While its true that you couldn't have Summon Masked Wolf, Summon False Demon, Small Sacrifice and Shifting Mists all on the spellboard at the same time, there's always the option to meditate something off of your spellboard to open up a slot for something else. You could start the game with Shifting Mists and the 2 summon spells out there and then, if you felt like you didn't need one of the summons anymore or could get by with just meditating, you could remove one of them and then play Small Sacrifice.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    This isn't entirely true. While its true that you couldn't have Summon Masked Wolf, Summon False Demon, Small Sacrifice and Shifting Mists all on the spellboard at the same time, there's always the option to meditate something off of your spellboard to open up a slot for something else. You could start the game with Shifting Mists and the 2 summon spells out there and then, if you felt like you didn't need one of the summons anymore or could get by with just meditating, you could remove one of them and then play Small Sacrifice.
    Fair enough. I would just go for Call Upon the Realms though.

Coal: Swap Chant of Revenge for Enchanted Violinist. I really wanted to give Coal something that increases the survivability of his fearsome Hammer Knights but sadly that's not possible with only Ceremonial and Natural dice. So instead I chose a card that greatly increases his potential to constantly ping enemy units. Enchanted Violinist triggers of Coals ability Slash and his unique card One Hundred Blades, which increases the likelihood of complete board clear. Nothing says "You're in for a world of pain!" like a Hammer Knight or Iron Rhino hitting an empty board running.
    Iirc, Enchanted Violinist only works when players discard from their deck, whereas Coal's slash requires his player to discard from hand, so I don't think this will work.