Thread: Some Love for Saria

Default Some Love for Saria

It seems that Saria has been left out. Here is a fun deck idea I put together:

Saria

Ready Spells
    3 X Expand Energy
    3 X Chant of Revenge
    3 X Summon 3 Eyed Owl
    2 x Small Sacrifice

Allies
    3 x Enchanted Violinist
    3 x Living Doll
    3 x Leech Warrior

Spells
    2 x Bound Soul
    3 x Redirect
    3 x Sympathy Pain
    2 X Open Memories

First five are the ready spells plus Open Memories.

Owls, Saria's PB ability, and Leech Warriors give you resource advantage.

Small sacrifice gives you lots of options with the combined units.

Living Dolls, Leech Warriors, Redirect, and Sympathy all make the opponent wince when they want to damage you, and provide a lot of options to get them back.

Violinists are FREE and combine well with ceremonial power dice and Saria's PB ability.

I'm wondering about bound soul. With Living Dolls and Violinists, the ceremonial dice power won't hurt too bad, but the Leech Warriors might hurt. . . I guess that could trigger Sympathy pain or Redirect.
    LOVE AND PEACE!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I really like the idea, but I think another PB is going to better at this. I also think you're losing out at least by not including Ravens, which I think are really awesome.

I have a Dimona and a Jessa deck that does this stuff, and I feel like they're a bit better suited for it. Still, it's cool though. I like the resource advantage theme.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

A combination of dice exhaustion and card removal (from hand) reduces the net effectiveness of each action. e.g. dropping their cards means your opponent may be stuck with dice but no useful actions, dice exhaustion means your opponent cannot fully leverage their hand. Doing both means they can say 'oh well, I'll discard that card that I couldn't use anyway' so your net disruption is less than the sum of it's parts.

I recently starting ironing out a dice exhaustion deck using Jessa. If you want to go dice exhaustion, to have an significant effect you will need more methods (illusion dice + shifting mists & blood puppets etc). You probably could drop that side of things and focus on a card dropping deck (using the owls + saria). Drop small sacrifice and the leech warriors and get yourself Seaside ravens and maybe summon sleeping widows to allow you to replace your blockers quickly when they die.

Good point, penguin about the diminishing returns. I'll probably still try this out sometime to get my own feel for how it works.

I picked Saria for this specifically for her PB ability. Combine that with the Violinist to ping stuff (including your own) and have a lot of fun.

I don't want Ravens because I don't want to run out of dice before my opponent. I want the last say each round. Ravens cost too much when combined with dolls and leeches.

I sure wish I could playtest. . .
    LOVE AND PEACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tristen View Post
    I sure wish I could playtest. . .
    No other players in your area?

Not that I know of.
    LOVE AND PEACE!

I live in New Zealand. Think I'm in the same boat.