Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Coal / Jessa Deck - lots of damage

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by albino_penguin View Post
    I think that is why Iron Rhinos are so expensive, Coal can just slash the majority of the cards in his hand and then use all the spare dice (not spent on those cards) on IR's.
    Dwelling more on this point.... it makes me want to really try building an Illusion Coal that uses Wolf dice to eliminate dice on both sides and planning to run the deck on 7 or so magic, and Slashing away extra cards.

It also makes me just want to make a deck around a bunch of powerful, expensive units like Rhinos, Blood Archers, Hammer Knights, Leeches, Dolls, and maybe even Snipers in there. Bound Soul x3 would be a must. Blood Transfer sounds good here with all the Jessa stuff, as does Small Sacrifice. Redirect to save Coal's low life when you're bringing allies back with Cere dice. Hmmm...

Expensive Dude Coal

5Ce/4Ch/1N

Blood Transfer x1*
    Small Sacrifice x3
    Summon Iron Rhino x3
    Expand Energy x3
    Protect x3*

Blood Archer x3
    Living Doll x2*
    Leech Warrior x2
    Iron Worker x1*
    Hammer Knight x3

Bound Soul x3
    Undying Heart x1*

Redirect x3

This looks quite a bit like a random Dimona I threw together with some of my extra cards after I built my other decks up, and that deck runs surprisingly well. I started with 5 cards that I want to make sure hit the board before Slash starts happening, with 2 units in there to try and get a solid board presence. With those 2 allies and Protect to stop 3 damage, and then also Undying Heart on the Doll, they should be solid for the first round. Starting in Round 2, you can summon bigger allies or Rhinos and toss away a few of the other cards each round - preferably Allies that you can get back if needed with Ceremonial Dice or Bound Soul, and also Respark your Undying Heart without worrying about spending the magic when the Doll dies.

And yeah - only 1 Natural die. But, I have Summon Iron Rhino, Hammer Knight and Protect in my hand.... what do I do? SLASH

First 5 is Blood Transfer, Living Doll, Iron Worker, Protect, Undying Heart. Takes 9 dice to play, leaving you 1 basic die to use the Living Doll to do some damage.
    Last edited by killercactus; 09-23-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Dwelling more on this point.... it makes me want to really try building an Illusion Coal that uses Wolf dice to eliminate dice on both sides and planning to run the deck on 7 or so magic, and Slashing away extra cards.
    Throw in abundance, expand energy and shifting mists. It would be the consummate rush deck - ping their dice, draw lots of cards with abundance then slash them to knock out your opponent's units and allow your units in for the kill.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Played the deck in the OP with Jessa at the helm - nasty. More life to work with and more damage on the opposing PB without sacrificing the good cards. Hit redirect on a Massively grown unit to my armored doll for 7 damage with 2x Chant of Revenge... brutal.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12