Thread: Switching birds

Default Switching birds

It seems like the vermin pilots should switch birds. Wrunk's ability after moving to enter death spiral with a bird in close range would really suit snag's get a cheese when he enters death spiral. Grizzard's extra one dice for swoop attacks would make it that much more likely chumjaw would inflict a would on the nest for his bonus cheese ability. Then there is the rook card (for grizzard) allowing him to rattle opposites, makeing it that much easier for chumjaw to reach the nest especially with wrunk locking up any other bird who is close enough to interfere.

You can totally switch the riders if you want.
    Always the Mice Guy!

It just seems to me being out numbered by alliance birds the rat pilots will need to take full advatage of their action cards. Leading with Chumjaw and Grizzard to paralyzing screech an opponite leaving Snag available to lock it in a death spiral using wrunks ability seems like an efficent way to at least cripple 1 alliance bird and score some cheese. It requires a closer formation but that should only benefit the rats condidering the difficulty the mice may have manuvering into the frey of 3 birds and hopefully some tailfeathers you take that plan and have Grizzard carry staborah so after he can make a mad dash to the tree for some nest bashing, with Wruck right behind to lock up any birds that might follow. Two death spiral rolls with snags ability you should have plenty of tasty cheese for pilot actions, cheese that will be replaced when Grizzard and Chumjaw start swooping the nest with 7 attack dice.

Revenchild, battle plans will be a very prominent thing Tail Feathers but your post is the first that details a thought out plan. I love it, it really brings the next layer of depth to strategy and even just thinking about it gives me awesome visuals to think about! I just wanted to say thanks for the step up.

To keep things fresh I will add my own thoughts. It would be really cool thematically if a pilot could hijack another bird ... while mechanically it would make the game hard to play I still like the idea of it.
    Last edited by Chief; 09-11-2015 at 05:18 PM.

I've been keep my battle planning to the rats mainly since i know average player will reach for 3 birds over 2. I only grazed the surface of this strategy though. When you consider the only alliance bird card we've seen (looking in the rule book) that has a battle value of 3 is Aerijin so he may be the only one who can use break spiral to counter this plan. When you actually consider a death spiral of 6 verse a battle of 2 a mice/bird is taking some damage if that pair only started with 5 life they are likely beaten enough that a leaf squad or mission could end them. Quickly goes the alliance advantage in numbers.

Also with snag wanting to death spiral for cheese perching will rarely be an option. Sending Grazzard with the strike team instead frees him up to perch and recover his paralyzing screech to start on bird number two. Aerijin may be immune to this trick with Zure on his back but after you have made a sweep on the nest and had some death sprirals with snag you'll have the cheese for abilities and rerolls and can blitz the nest if you can't deal with them.

Alliance players may choose to split Aerijin and Zure up so between break spiral and Zure's ability they break this stratagy but in doing so they give up the "ruler of the skies" title it seems like that combo has.
    Last edited by Ravenchild; 09-11-2015 at 05:58 PM.