Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Release Question Dump: Post your questions here

Default Pre-Release Question Dump: Post your questions here

This thread is for any pre-release Tail Feather related questions. Please use this thread when possible to cut down on the creation of excessive threads. However please post a new thread if it fits better somewhere else. Thank you for keeping your Tail Feathers tidy! After release I assume we can lock this thread.
    Last edited by Chief; 09-09-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Is there any information or should we expect information on the news page, in regards to the army size in Tail Feathers? I am assuming it will be based off of a points system, but what has settled as an average army size so far, how many birds/pilots can you build, etc. Any information would be exciting!

Hello,

Chief: Some of this will be addressed in an future preview that talks about scenarios and the campaign system.
    The custom forces are built with a point system. The scenario book provides suggestions for force sizes based on the components in the box.
    The recommended point range is from 40 to 70 points, but there's no reason that you couldn't make larger armies--if you have more components or want to use the Sorrow and Remembrance units right away.

The starter lists focus on the components in the box, so you'll be flying 2 or 3 birds per side for the most part.

As you can see in today's preview (Grizzard and Snag) and the Aerijin and Zure, the combined unit (bird+pilot) point values are 16, and 15 for their Ace levels (the best). So, you can see that's a relatively large portion of points if you're talking a 50 point army. Of course, you might go with cheaper birds, which are as low as 6 points.

KAM
    Last edited by KAM; 09-09-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Makes sense. So in the diagram it is set up with nest and non-nest trees diagonal from each other. I assume the scenarios book will show us other set ups. My question is will the non-nest trees be replaceable with nest trees, so if we want to have a 4 player battle? Or will this require a different set up yet to be revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Makes sense. So in the diagram it is set up with nest and non-nest trees diagonal from each other. I assume the scenarios book will show us other set ups. My question is will the non-nest trees be replaceable with nest trees, so if we want to have a 4 player battle? Or will this require a different set up yet to be revealed?
    You could play a 4 player game with each player having a nest, but it would require 2 sets. You could do a team game where each player has his own nest, but it is teams so you are trying to destroy both opponent's nests.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
    You could play a 4 player game with each player having a nest, but it would require 2 sets. You could do a team game where each player has his own nest, but it is teams so you are trying to destroy both opponent's nests.
    if you're running with just 2 nests, i'd seriously bump up the nests points (and put some archers out on leaves, lots of great targets in the air)!
    ...the rich

Yes the nest dials go up to 20
    Always the Mice Guy!

Is there a ballpark street date yet?

I haven't seen any firm date on when we can expect Tail Feathers. Can we anticipate this before the Holiday season in December? *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by loganholman View Post
    I haven't seen any firm date on when we can expect Tail Feathers. Can we anticipate this before the Holiday season in December? *fingers crossed*
    We've mentioned it a few times. Preorders should ship mid November. Retail shipping mid December.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast