Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dice Exhaustion Deck

Post Dice Exhaustion Deck

So I have been working on a deck idea, and would appreciate some help finishing it off (still have no idea if it would work). The premise is to exhaust all your opponent's dice so they are starved of power dice.

Phoenixborn:
    At this stage, I am thinking Jessa to gain access to the Fear card.

Dice:
    Currently would be looking at an illusion/ceremonial mix, maybe weighted 6 illusion to 4 ceremonial.

Cards:

Leech Warrior & Small Sacrifice - this combo is so much fun and really fits with the deck theme.

Shifting Mists - You are going to need to use this to turn all those illusion dice to Wolf Faces and then use their die power to ping all your opponent's power dice.
    Iron Worker - This will give you the side actions you require to get their dice.

Expand Energy - Bring your dice back to spend again (very important - 1 to 1 trades are only good if you have more dice than them)!

Summon blood puppet - Make your opponent pay dice to keep these guys off their battlefield.

Fear - If your opponent gets the dice to summon their top creature, remove it for the cost of . . . 0 dice!

Bound Soul - get those allies back!

Potentially Stormwind Sniper/Shadow Counter/Final Cry/Call Upon the Realms/Chant of Revenge/False Demon to round the deck out.

The deck would work three ways:
    Opponent cannot properly leverage their cards through lack of access to dice (both in required power and number)
    Opponent runs deck out through excessive meditation.
    Opponent Swamped by Blood Puppets as no free dice to kill them.

Any suggested improvements before I give this one a go?

I would go with shadow counter among the potentials you listed. Maybe add in iron worker so you can exhaust multiple dice in a turn, or shifting mists and exhaust in the same turn. You could add anchornaut and sleeping widow (which combo very well with small sacrifice)

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I like transfer with blood puppets. They spend a die to wound the puppet, and then you transfer that wound off of the Puppet onto another one of their guys. That needs a charm die though (I think), but those are really cool to beef up either Blood Puppets or Leech Warriors anyway.

I definitely like Expand Energy and Anchornauts in any Ceremonial deck. I also like Enchanted Violinist in any deck that's going to be meditating a lot to get power symbols. Plus if you're killing their important dice, they'll be meditating more as well. So....

5x Illusion
    4x Ceremonial
    1x Charm

Expand Energy x3
    Shifting Mists x1
    Small Sacrifice x1
    Summon Blood Puppet x3

Anchornaut x2
    Leech Warrior x3
    Enchanted Violinist x2
    Iron Worker x2

Fear x3
    Summon Sleeping Widow x3
    Transfer x2
    Shadow Counter x3
    Bound Soul x2

If you want to go without the Charm die, replacing Transfer with Hidden Power seems like a good way to go.
    Last edited by killercactus; 09-07-2015 at 11:56 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzzworthy View Post
    I would go with shadow counter among the potentials you listed. Maybe add in iron worker so you can exhaust multiple dice in a turn, or shifting mists and exhaust in the same turn. You could add anchornaut and sleeping widow (which combo very well with small sacrifice)
    Could you elaborate more why you think small sacrifice combo's well with sleeping widows? Don't you want to use small sacrifice with on a creature with more than one health? Otherwise you are spending a die and losing a creature to do one damage, which seems a bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by albino_penguin View Post
    Could you elaborate more why you think small sacrifice combo's well with sleeping widows? Don't you want to use small sacrifice with on a creature with more than one health? Otherwise you are spending a die and losing a creature to do one damage, which seems a bad trade.
    But if you do.it at the end of a round where your opponent is out of dice and can't retaliate, you kill your own guy and do a damage, but then you get to play widows and get 4 more damage out of the round.

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    But if you do.it at the end of a round where your opponent is out of dice and can't retaliate, you kill your own guy and do a damage, but then you get to play widows and get 4 more damage out of the round.
    Thanks KC, thats exactly right. It's especially powerful if you can take out one of their units as well!

I see. I have tended to use SSW during my opponent's turn - they attack, kill one of my creatures, then SSW, my turn side action a masked wolf and attack for 6.

The problem with having that combo in the dice exhaustion deck is if my opponent has blood puppets on their battlefield, they will have blockers for the S. Widows.

True, but you can try transferring an exhaustion token onto one of them, or just let the widows hang around to be your blockers, or use them to attack key opposing units so the puppets can't block.

Also, the Widows talk gave me an idea... it'd be much cooler even to kill one of your own guys with a side action somehow, drop the widows and then attack immediately. Sounds like a job for Natural dice or Coals Slash. Hmmm....

I believe Blood Transfer? would be the way - heal your phoenixborn/one of your units, kill an exhausted one and drop down the widows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast