Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ground Tactics: Choosing a Mission - with complete mission list

That's what I am finding too, just because it is easy to predict when one is being played.

maybe it's just me, but right after I loose a birdie & rider, I love to play a Decoy mission, just to throw my opponent off.
    ...the rich

Great idea.

So far I find myself using Patrol, and Decoy in the early game. With Siege, and Rescue in the late game.

Patrol is (usually) the first mission I drop, with 4 figures in it, so that I can get an early cheep shot at my opponent since (normally speaking) I can place it so that they cannot attack it on the first round. if I can get just one wound on their main bird, it tends to force a change in tactics because they have to deal with that injury even before plowing into my birds.
    ...the rich

Quote Originally Posted by demon_llama View Post
    Patrol is (usually) the first mission I drop, with 4 figures in it, so that I can get an early cheep shot at my opponent since (normally speaking) I can place it so that they cannot attack it on the first round. if I can get just one wound on their main bird, it tends to force a change in tactics because they have to deal with that injury even before plowing into my birds.
    Exactly. I found my combo so far, in order, is
    Patrol
    Decoy
    Patrol
    Intercept
    then I throw down a siege or rescue depending on my needs.

Except that my opponents keep starting with patrol, especially as the mice, so I keep throwing down intercept to take a bunch of shots at their ground forces, which really changes their tactics.

Yep, I tend to be more Potro than intercept, unless we are playing with a sapling, then I go for siege first so I can rain arrows on enemy birds.

What have you guys noticed for mission placement. I find that I am changing my strategy depending on all the birds locations, especially if I am getting low on ground units. If they are closer to my tree I use real missions, and put them far away. But, if they are circling I tend to use Decoys. Decoys with 2 units is good too, a way to fake them out and think your doing a rescue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12