Thread: Saria deck - That's so Raven

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Default Saria deck - That's so Raven

That's So Raven

Saira Guidesman

Dice:
    2x Natural
    4x Charm
    4x Illusion

Ready:
    Summon Seaside Raven x3*
    Summon Three-eyed Owl x1*
    Summon Gilder x2*
    Abundance x3*

Allies:
    Rose Fire Dancer x3
    Enchanted Violiness x3

Action:
    Steady Gaze x3
    Seal x3
    Transfer x3

Alteration:
    Root Armor x3*

Reaction:
    Sympathy Pain x3

Seaside Ravens need more life. Root Armor is the cheapest way to get more life. This deck is all control - you have auto damage through Gilders (I think I'm obsessed), Pain, Frogs, Violiness. Exhaust everything with Dancers, Gaze, Seal. Do lots of cool things with Transfer.

This deck is trying to be very cheap as far as playing cards. Hopefully you can use an Illusion die every round to kill one of their dice. It's cool to meditate for it because your Violiness can hurt guys. I'm hoping to use lots of dice powers actually - charm to boost ravens, Frogs to deal damage, and Illusion to mess with strategy. Ravens are good targets for charm / armor because they can't be Feared, Moltened, Pained, etc. Saria's power should also.be used often.

The idea really is just to get to endgame and abundance them to death, using unkilable ravens to control the board and other cards just to mess with them as much as possible. My only concern is that the control spells are too expensive...
    Last edited by killercactus; 08-21-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I like the idea of really building around the Ravens, which are quite awesome. You could take it even further in the big Raven direction by dropping abundance and Illusion dice altogether:

Saria
    5x Charm, 3x Natural, 2x Ceremonial

Summon Seaside Raven x2*
    Summon Three-Eyed Owl x2*
    Empower x3*
    Expand Energy x3*

Enchanted Violinist x3*
    Anchornaut x2

Refresh x3
    Transfer x3

Root Armor x3
    Undying Heart x3

Sympathy Pain x3

It's not really a mill deck any more; it's more that you're using Heart's Pull and the Three-Eyed Owls to trigger autowounds with Enchanted Violinists. I tossed in Ceremonial dice to snag expand energy, as well as the ability to pull Anchornauts back out of the discard (Frank:Gilders::Adam:Anchonauts). I like Empower over strengthen because it can be activated on defense when you need the Raven to jump to 4 attack so he can drop an Iron Rhino or a gang attack. Then you can refresh/transfer the next turn.

Must be nice to be obsessed with a card that doesn't require a specific magic type. I keep building charm / natural decks because I can't stop wanting to use Gilders.

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Must be nice to be obsessed with a card that doesn't require a specific magic type. I keep building charm / natural decks because I can't stop wanting to use Gilders.
    Heh, yes, it's nice. Although really I end up wanting Ceremonial dice with them, because pulling them out of discard with no wounds to show for it is so good. At least that's only one die type though.

More generally, I feel like a relatively cheap deck is good for Saria because any round she uses Heart's Pull is a round with 9 dice and 6 cards. So I went with Expand Energy and Empower, one of which is dice-neutral in the turn you place it and dice-positive afterwards, and the other which is 2 dice to place but dice-neutral once it gets focussed. Seaside Ravens are the only thing in the deck that costs 3 dice, Empower is the only thing that needs more than one non-basic die, and the allies are uber-cheap.

Looking at Tristen's deck made me revisit my Saria. Dok has some good ideas there, but I'm not digging the Ceremonial Dice here. Lets put his and mine together for something more aggressive:

Saria
    5x Charm, 5x Natural

Summon Seaside Raven x2*
    Summon Three-Eyed Owl x1*
    Empower x3*
    Summon Gilder x2*
    Purge x1

Enchanted Violinist x3*

Refresh x3
    Transfer x3
    Molten Gold x3

Root Armor x3
    Undying Heart x3

Sympathy Pain x3

Playing entirely natural / Charm here and taking my Gilders back. I do really like Empower, Refresh and Transfer here. I included a copy of Purge to toss onto the spellboard later after I don't feel I need Owls anymore. Without looking back, I'm guessing this looks very similar to Joe's Naturally Charming Saria....