Thread: Hunters: Too Weak, Too Hard to Win With?

Default Hunters: Too Weak, Too Hard to Win With?

Maybe it's just my household, but the agent has yet to lose after the very first time. Three equipment is way too good, the agent is impossible to find more than once or twice. Am I missing something?
    Orc.....Elf.....Army.....One
    OrcElfArmyOne on Heroscapers, iOS, and Vassal as well.

Seems the general consensus is:

50/50 at 2-3 players
    Generally in favor of the Hunters at 4 player.
    5 player I'm not sure.

For 2-3 players, are you choosing one of Prophet/Puppet and one of Gun/Beast? That helps.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Just played my first game the other night, it was a lot of fun!

4 players and the the Hunters won, however the Agent acknowledged that he had made two mistakes that cost him the game. So it might've been a different story had he been paying a little more attention. My impression is that the Hunters will get the advantage back when we become more familiar with where each objective could be and what exactly each equipment does. It did feel like we were playing from behind the whole time until we figured out a system to trap the Agent in smaller and smaller spaces (involved using Enhanced Senses and Sniper Shot). Then we started to pick it up from there, however this is where the agent made his mistakes. I then pointed out that it seems as though the Agent is designed to complete the first objective unseen (while the Hunters pick up which side of the board he went down) and then past that the game opens up a bit. So I, too, felt like there was an advantage given to the Agent, but that in the late game the Hunters could overcome it.

Just my impressions after one game, I really want to try 5 players.
    Last edited by Colgha; 08-16-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

It just seems like it is really easy for the agent to just do the unexpected and confuse the heck out of the Hunter. The agent generally doesn't complete their first objective until after Round 10 in our household, so as to keep the hunters guessing.
    Orc.....Elf.....Army.....One
    OrcElfArmyOne on Heroscapers, iOS, and Vassal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
    It just seems like it is really easy for the agent to just do the unexpected and confuse the heck out of the Hunter. The agent generally doesn't complete their first objective until after Round 10 in our household, so as to keep the hunters guessing.
    I'll assume 2-3 players... In my experience, as long as either the Puppet or Prophet is in play (and the Agent is doing something productive), the Hunters zeroing in on the Agent is just a matter of time. The edge the Agent has is equipment, and a lot of the game is deciding when to use that equipment to shake the Hunters at the right time. I've seen Agents blow all their equipment in the first half of the game, and at that point losing seems likely to me.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

In my experience, 5-players really doesn't work that well, as the traitor basically does nothing. I won as the Agent, but only because I just acted like the Gun wasn't even there.
    如果你理解了這一點,你真棒。