Default Phoenixborn of the Shadow Clan

My first crack at a custom PB with an ally

Lucas Shade
    Phoenixborn Of the Shadow Clan
    Life 18
    Battlefield 6
    Spell Board 4
    Distract:
    After a player has declared blockers or guards, you may spend 1 basic die and place 1 exhaustion token on this card. If you do, replace your attacking unit with another unexhausted unit from your battlefield. (Before Damage is Resolved)

Shadow Ninja: - Ally - Battlefield
    Cost: Main Action + 1 Mask/Illusion die + 1 Basic die

When this unit attacks alone it gains :
    Sabotage - After this unit is declared as an attacker, you may pay 1 basic die to place an exhaust token on unit with 2 or fewer attack.

Attack 2 Life 2 Recover 1

I have a couple other ideas, that would allow a player to put an ally back in their hand when a unit counters their attack. Also like to entertain the idea of giving units Combat Advantage but I want it to be balanced of course.

Alteration Spell:
    Shadow Dancer: -Alteration Spell - Unit
    Cost: Main Action + 1 Mask + Knife

[Inexhaustible
    Unit gains: Stealth - While attacking a unit, this unit can not be guarded by a unit with Unit Guard. Also this unit can not be a target of an attack.

Fleeting - Discard this card at the end of the round]
    [+2 Attack][Respark: 1 Basic]
    Last edited by Sprengermon; 01-22-2016 at 06:12 PM.

sounds fun to play! I haven't played enough yet to get a total grasp of the balance yet though.

my only comment would be that you need to rename the ambush ability. perhaps call it distract since it exhausts a unit. the reason you need to rename it is we already have an ability called Ambush (on the stormwind sniper) so any ability called Ambush X should basically do the same thing as the sniper just with different amounts of damage.

Good call. I thought Ambush was just a keyword that triggered when you put them into play. Similar to how Legendary works. "Surprise" or "infiltrate" might work better.