Thread: Naturally Charming Saria

Default Naturally Charming Saria

Update: can now link to this deck in the deckbuilder!
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/play/as...charming-saria

With a hint of Natural.

Haven't tried this yet. Maxes out Spellboard. 3 units (2 conjurations).

UPDATED AUGUST 14:
    6x Charm, 4x Natural

(3x of each card below)
    • Summon Seaside Raven: This deck is about the Ravens rather than Saria's ability.
    • Undying Heart: The idea for this deck came from Undying Heart only costing Charm. Seems like a great boost for Ravens.
    • Hypnotize: Also Charm dice. Boost the Ravens with Charm Power dice and bypass when needed.
    • Iron Worker: With a lot of power dice use, Iron Worker will be helpful to do it all at once. The other strong target for Undying Heart.
    • Summon Gilder: With the use of Iron Worker, Gilder becomes a great unit.
    • Call Upon the Realms: Thanks to Gilder's ability to protect/strengthen Iron Worker, lots of Power dice will be useful at all times for charming/wounding.
    • Refresh: With boosted up Ravens and Iron Workers, squeezing in 2 uses out of 1 unit in a round could make the difference.
    • Root Armor: Alterations are fun!
    • Empower: Another use for the natural dice, especially nice when boosted to make sure I have more charm dice when needed.
    • Transfer: This is like the utility infielder, used once per game or so to cover for the deck's weaknesses.

I think of this as a kind of "long game" deck, playing Ready Spells early, protecting/building up Iron Workers.
    Last edited by joepinion; 10-09-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

We gonna try some constructed Thursday Joe? You may want to work in some root armies by the way, looks fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzzworthy View Post
    We gonna try some constructed Thursday Joe? You may want to work in some root armies by the way, looks fun!
    Yes, I think that would work. Will txt.

Maybe we should contact the store in Norwalk. If they have playing space, could post in Ashes Ohio.

Edit: Yes, Root Armor in place of Sympathy Pain or Transfer could be fun. Stacking up alterations is great.
    Last edited by joepinion; 08-11-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    Webmaster
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Is there a Facebook page or something for Ashes Ohio? I might wanna get in on some of that if my drive is under 2 hours sometime.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I will invite you to the Ohio Ashes group KC.

Edit: or joe Already did!

I have to admit...I hadn't even gotten to the point of thinking of her outside of her mill style decklist yet. It actually makes alot of sense, her ability just gives you more options. It still works into her control style, just takes it in a different direction.

Like the look of this one Joe! I want to get in quite a few more plays with the standard decks (so I can get a good baseline) and then I'll take this thing to the table.

I made up a saria deck somewhat along these lines but more focused on battlefield advantage. will post it after i get a chance to test it out a bit.

Tried this out last night, except traded Transfer for Root Armor.

Notes:
    Needs a 6/4 Charm/Natural split. Empower is tough to get out otherwise.
    Root Armor was great, but Transfer would've been VERY useful. I think I'll switch out Sympathy Pain so I can have both Transfer and Root Armor.
    Bob locked me out of my Ravens and I still did well (lost of course), so it's not 1-dimensional.
    Gilders + Iron Workers = fun!

I suppose with a 6/4 split I need a new name as well. Suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by joepinion; 08-14-2015 at 09:09 AM.
    Webmaster

Obviously "Naturally Charming" Saria :P
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Now that the deckbuilder is released, I can send people here:
    http://www.plaidhatgames.com/play/as...charming-saria
    Webmaster