Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jessa all-ceremonial deck

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Just wanted to tell you I had this ran against me in Dallas on Tuesday. My friend Adam played his first game against me with this deck. I used my Aradel Mice & Mistics deck in what was like my 2nd full game of Ashes. He was able to do a ton of cool things with my help early in the game, using your Anchornaut / Ceremonial Dice craziness, and Fearing my Blue Jaguars, all while pinging Aradel. Each round though, eventually I'd get rid of the Anchornaut and then push some damage through on Jessa with Gilders + Massive Growth or something else. Eventually I got him down low enough that I could end the game with Sympathy Pain / Molten Gold and take the win, but I really liked how the cards in this deck worked together. It looked like a lot of fun to run and worked fluidly.
    This. This is exactly what happens every single time we play the all-ceremonial deck. It's very fluid, but missing some key components and doesn't seem to have the staying power that I hoped it would have.

And yet, I keep thinking that maybe I just need to practice the deck more, cuz I still like it.

So after looking more closely to the deck and playing about 15 games with it, I think the least useful cards are Summon Sleeping Widows and Bound Soul. So I removed those cards and tossed in 3x Living Doll and 3x Undying heart, and went 8-2 Ceremonial/Charm.

The Living Dolls simply offer too much to the deck's ability to deal with what's on the table, much more so than the Widows. As mentioned before, Saria's Eagles are the silver bullet to a mono-ceremonial deck. Having another solid unit that can work with the Anchornauts to clear them away is, in my opinion, so very important. With Expand Energy, you'd have the dice to fund the Doll's Pain Link easily.

Gonna try this out and see how it goes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123