Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dungeon Run - California Sessions

Two more games Black Friday Night. My regular game group was astonished to hear I gave away Cosmic Encounter - but then I told them why - specifically that there were too many pieces/rules and that there was a new game to take its place. Then we played two games of DR. The first was a 6 player party (with the dumbed down rules, see Thanksgiving post). It was pretty anticlimactic at the end because Pallealaleal had a healing potion and escaped her way to victory.

The second game was 5 people with the full rules. For some reason, a good number of us were getting slammed by the monsters. We all teamed up to beat the boss (Colossus). Then we all duked it out and the ram came out victoriously. This issue came up the second game
    Question: When a player is killed by a monster, and he is knocked down. The turn he is back up but skips his turn, does the monster get a free attack on the player?

The rules seemed to indicated yes, but we thought it seemed punishing because it could leave a player in an infinite loop of death. So we house ruled it to prevent this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Question: When a player is killed by a monster, and he is knocked down. The turn he is back up but skips his turn, does the monster get a free attack on the player?

The rules seemed to indicated yes, but we thought it seemed punishing because it could leave a player in an infinite loop of death. So we house ruled it to prevent this problem.
    When a player is down, I think the Monsters consider the tile empty and must then roam out. So unless a new monster came in that tile because of roaming, normally, the freshly back up hero should be in an empty tile. Of course that still doesn't rule out the question, as the monster might be trapped (or in glyph room), but it will diminish the occurrence.

Yeah forgot about roaming. But our situation included the glyph room like you mentioned. What ended up happening was I felt bad for my friend and helped out, getting beat up in the process. We just house ruled that rare situation with the glyph room, otherwise it would have been a long and painful experience for my friend (dying/skipping every turn). But thanks for reminding me about roaming!

Default 3 more games on the long weekend

Friends came over Saturday night because they had so much fun on Friday. Just the three of us - we kind of developed a new opinion on the game after three three player games.

Game 1 - This was a quick game, I had Vargagg with the extra move bonus skill (the name evades me right now). He was awesomely powerful. I was near the entrance and my friend made the mistake of roaming the boss to me in attempt to kill me. However, I killed the boss and walked out.

Game 2 - This game I was Stabbins and my friend was the Filth. We were both really strong and the game ended when I stole the Summoner Stone from him and we both died in an attack. My other friend who was weak all game automatically won because the other two died.

Game 3 - This one was pretty lame. I was the MV hero with a weak summoning ability. This game, all three of us were powerful Vargagg and Paellal were ready to fight. But we ended up in an awkward situation where no one wanted to make the first move and die. I eventually conceded and attacked. This game ended exactly like the second game, which was anticlimactic.

Thoughts
    The more the merrier. It's more fun with more players and even numbers so teams can form. With three, we usually just beat up on the strongest player which can be annoying when you are in the lead. 4 -6 seems like a good game, we had the most fun the night before with more people. Also, my friends noted that the bosses aren't as epic as they should be. Often times, they could be solo'ed and there were some monsters that were harder than them. So I am proposing we make some custom bosses for future games
    Ideas are welcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12