Thread: Paying for Wolves

Default Paying for Wolves

Summon Masked Wolf allows me to pay an entirely different cost to summon a wolf once I focus it. Once I do focus it, am I still allowed to pay the original cost, if I want to? It was a legitimate concern because there is a fine chance you won't roll an Illusion Power symbol every turn.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

The cost substitution is a may, so you can use either (1 power) or (1 basic, 1 class) to activate summon masked wolf when it is focused. Remember you only re-roll every round, not every turn, and you have the meditate action to change the dice to the side you need (such as a power symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzzworthy View Post
    The cost substitution is a may, so you can use either (1 power) or (1 basic, 1 class) to activate summon masked wolf when it is focused. Remember you only re-roll every round, not every turn, and you have the meditate action to change the dice to the side you need (such as a power symbol)
    Yeah we know all that, I use the terms Turn and Round interchangeably, probably shouldn't do that for this particular game. We just weren't sure if focusing changed the spell permanently, or if it was a summon-by-summon choice. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)