Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas/Ft. Worth Scene

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by J Young View Post
    I think that is a great idea because it could really help the OP/competitive scene, but I think Isaac actually lives Ohio (according to his Twitter).
    I guarantee you Isaac does not live in Ohio - he's down there.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by J Young View Post
    I have family in Dallas as well and usually visit at least once a month. I plan on attending the Roll 2 Play demo in September. I have never visited Roll 2 Play, but I'm surprised someone would say they tend to shy away from heavier games. I have seen Netrunner and Doomtown on their calendar.
    I have as well, but I didn't want to argue with the owner that requested the demo. Her words not mine .
    I demo....a lot.

Thanks to a demo this past weekend, I'm hooked on Ashes after only two games (thanks Nate). I just signed up for Plaid Hat Corps and ordered a copy with the intention of running a demo every now and then over on the Ft Worth side of DFW. I doubt I could travel all the way to Madness, but any of the Collected stores in Ft Worth or Roll2Play (only about a mile from my office) would probably be an option for me.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I thought I should clear something up

I was reading earlier about Roll2Play, and as an employee here I'm happy to verify that we would love to host some organized play and/or a league night, regular meetup, or even intermittent meet up. In fact, we are in the process of scheduling an OP tournament here in March.

Personally I'd love to see some Ashes play here at the store, its a great game!

Hey, resurrecting this thread! A couple of new players in DFW. You're right about getting PHG to participate in some local events! It seems like a no brainer to have a strong local community where your home base is located.

I'm going to see if Jamison at Common Ground Games will do an Ashes weekend. CCG has a very large MTG scene fun of regulars. I bet they'd love this game for obvious reasons. Maybe do a demo nights on the same nights that they do Commander and FNM events. Catch people between rounds. Good way to get people playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12