Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: GenCon2015...a Doug's post action report

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1

    Default

    KAM,

    It was very nice meeting you and the other Plaid Hat folks. Thank you so much for the M&M demo; the family and I will be playing our first game tonight for family game night! I look forward to chatting with you and others about the game and future projects.

    Thanks again,

    Sean "kommodo dragon"

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kommodo dragon View Post
    KAM,

    It was very nice meeting you and the other Plaid Hat folks. Thank you so much for the M&M demo; the family and I will be playing our first game tonight for family game night! I look forward to chatting with you and others about the game and future projects.

    Thanks again,

    Sean "kommodo dragon"
    Welcome to the Land of Dougs. I'm always happy to hear that people got some value out of one of the Demos I run, so thanks for that. Lots of stuff coming up in the world of Mice and Mystics, so its pretty exciting.

    KAM

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vickery, OH
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Just wanted to chime in and let people know, the crew at the Plaid Hat booth was phenominal. Everyone was so helpful and friendly, and when stuff needed to get done, everyone pitched in. Really an awesome group of people. Thanks everyone for making this GenCon one of the best experiences I've ever had!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hey, look, forums!

    Working the booth and meeting the other volunteers was a major highlight for my trip. It was my second Gen Con but never with a crew that size. I do wish I had spent more time hanging out and gaming at the hotel. I seriously underestimated how much of that there would be! Won't make that mistake again. I hope some folks are making it out for BGG CON. That one is in my backyard and is my favorite con of all!

    Donny

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Hello,

    Donny: I assume you're the same Donny I met Wednesday evening. The PHG crew was pretty sizable.

    As for BGG Con...this is looking like a go for me, but details aren't quite worked out yet. If so, I hope to see you there.

    KAM

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA - OH - Ashland
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelann08 View Post
    Hey, look, forums!

    Working the booth and meeting the other volunteers was a major highlight for my trip. It was my second Gen Con but never with a crew that size. I do wish I had spent more time hanging out and gaming at the hotel. I seriously underestimated how much of that there would be! Won't make that mistake again. I hope some folks are making it out for BGG CON. That one is in my backyard and is my favorite con of all!

    Donny
    I'm hoping to be at BGGcon with the company!

    The pizza in-room helped hang-out/gaming time a LOT. That'll be a PHG staple from now on, I think.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    POST
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Pot in UE's Study
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelann08 View Post
    Hey, look, forums!

    Working the booth and meeting the other volunteers was a major highlight for my trip. It was my second Gen Con but never with a crew that size. I do wish I had spent more time hanging out and gaming at the hotel. I seriously underestimated how much of that there would be! Won't make that mistake again. I hope some folks are making it out for BGG CON. That one is in my backyard and is my favorite con of all!

    Donny
    Is this the same Donny who taught me Specter Ops?!
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    Is this the same Donny who taught me Specter Ops?!
    I believe it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    I'm hoping to be at BGGcon with the company!

    The pizza in-room helped hang-out/gaming time a LOT. That'll be a PHG staple from now on, I think.
    That would be awesome! BGG CON is so much fun and so much gaming.

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM View Post
    Hello,

    Donny: I assume you're the same Donny I met Wednesday evening. The PHG crew was pretty sizable.

    As for BGG Con...this is looking like a go for me, but details aren't quite worked out yet. If so, I hope to see you there.

    KAM

    I believe so! Yay more PHG people!
    Host at Low Player Count
    Writer at Tabletop Gaming News
    Admin at Ashes Online
    Blogger at Geaux Gaming
    Twitter: @GeauxDonny

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Dunno if this is the best place to ask, but who was the PHG dude with the GORUCK rucksack (it had a RUCK IT patch on the back)? He was the only other person at the con I saw with one, wanted to ask him if he's done any of their events yet, but never got the chance.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hey Chorazin,

    That was me. I have done a light so far. I am looking at doing a Challenge probably next spring.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •