Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL SW App Tournament Summer 2015: General Discussion Thread

Default The OFFICIAL SW App Tournament Summer 2015: General Discussion Thread

This Thread is for discussion only. To post results, click HERE.

OFFICIAL RULES (Full rules listed here)

• $100 plaidhatgames.com gift card goes to the winner!
    • The tournament will consist of 108 competitors (or possibly less depending on interest).
    • All tournament matches must be at a 3-day per participant time limit in the app. (That means each match could end up lasting up to 6 days.)
    • Competitors will initially be split into 18 pools of 6 competitors each.
    • Each week of the tournament, each pool will play a simultaneous round robin (every member of the pool playing every other member of the pool once). That means each competitor will be playing 5 matches at a time.
    • Each round will be in the style of a "Five for Fighting" (or 54F) tournament. This means that you must play as 5 different factions each round.
    • At the end of the week, the top 2 competitors in each pool will move on and be reorganized into 6 pools of 6 players each, and the process will repeat for those competitors.
    • At the end of week 2, the top 2 competitors in each pool will combine for the final 2 pools.
    • At the end of week 3, the top 2 competitors for both of the final pools will participate in a best-of-3 match 4 competitor playoff.
    • The 2 winners of the semi-final matches will go on to play a final best-of-3 match to be crowned the champion. For these matches (and the semi final matches) you must use 3 different factions, and also you may NOT play as a faction in the finals that you used in the semi finals.
    • Results of each match must be reported in the results thread only.
    • Try to post ALL your results for that week at the same time. This will help me greatly to keep track of everything. You may use the discussion thread for discussion about the tournament. Please do not post anything other than signing up and results on the Signup/Results thread.
    Last edited by tortugatron; 08-06-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

I took a long break from the app because I was sick of playing clock wars. With the new factions, I'm hoping that aspect will be greatly lessened.

Oh, and I'm hoping I'm not too rusty from taking a hiatus.
    Play "Amidra", the finest game of strategy since Chess! (err, except for Summoner Wars, obviously). Free to play.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ZeeJr/amidra

So for the first two rounds you must play as 10 different factions total? Or is it just 5 different factions per round and you can repeat those 5 for the second round? I know for the semi finals it says you must use different factions in the finals from what was used in the semi finals, so is that also the case for the first and second rounds? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Grudo View Post
    So for the first two rounds you must play as 10 different factions total? Or is it just 5 different factions per round and you can repeat those 5 for the second round? I know for the semi finals it says you must use different factions in the finals from what was used in the semi finals, so is that also the case for the first and second rounds? Thanks!
    You can use your 5 factions from round 1 in round 2 again if you wish.

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Lightbulb Excited for different scenarios!

Quote Originally Posted by tortugatron View Post
    You can use your 5 factions from round 1 in round 2 again if you wish.
    Thanks! It would be interesting if what happens in last tourney between me, you, and pantherboy happens again where we each beat the other! I want to see a tie breaker come down to a coin flip lol

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I think it's a pretty big mistake not to have the KC Twist in this tournament, or is it implied since the tournament guide says it's "standard" in 54F?
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Can you explain how its a big mistake?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Can you explain how its a big mistake?
    Because players will play Ralluls guys in all 5 decks and, while you might think that's good for the game, a lot of players will find it quite boring.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Because players will play Ralluls guys in all 5 decks and, while you might think that's good for the game, a lot of players will find it quite boring.
    I would rather do a ban on Rallul's guys than the KC twist. It would be near impossible to monitor properly in a tournament of this size. We will see how things go and make changes for next time if needed.

True, playing against a lot of Etches and Roonies could get a little bit boring. But those units fix a far larger problem where higher-level games often turn into a staredown. When those units deploy, something is guaranteed to happen. Even if both players are turtling and Etching, they have to summon something occasionally to replenish their discard piles.
    Play "Amidra", the finest game of strategy since Chess! (err, except for Summoner Wars, obviously). Free to play.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ZeeJr/amidra

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast