Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Minute Strategy Index & Request Thread

Tossed the Benders up now.

Probably going to go with Jungle Elves next.

Sounds great. These strategy minutes are really appreciated. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about the Jungle Elves (I'm behind on the podcast. So if you've already done it I'd have no idea.)

Yep, it's in episode 49.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_for...8220#post38220

It's a bit short, so if you have any more questions, I can probably answer some...

Next one will be Swamp Orcs. It has been percolating.

These are very helpful as someone who has played the game maybe twice before the ios version. The general strategy stuff in particular, though I'm sure I will find the rest helpful once I'm comfortable enough with one or two factions and want to branch out.

Cool; glad you're finding them useful. I'm planning to discuss the broader concept of a combo deck sometime soon, and discuss more factions after that, but I also want to eventually make minutes for beating each faction as well, probably starting with TO and GD, or whatever people on the iOS are complaining about.

So yeah, Mercs have been up for a couple days. I'll expound on the Combo concept very soon with Deep Dwarves. Then it's on to the last two: Sand Goblins and the Filth.

Are there any other topics you'd all like me to cover?

Hmm, with a strategy minute...how about a strategy minute on just deckbuilding?
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Apart from deck-building, which is a good idea, maybe:

Taking risks
    Momentum
    Ups and downs of commons and champions

They aren't as obvious as faction-specific tips though, so you might want to take a lot of time to prepare them since they are more advanced concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    Apart from deck-building, which is a good idea, maybe:

Taking risks
    Momentum
    Ups and downs of commons and champions

They aren't as obvious as faction-specific tips though, so you might want to take a lot of time to prepare them since they are more advanced concepts.
    It also might be tough to squeeze these topics into 1 to 2 minute pieces. It's really not a whole lot of time to get into the nitty-gritty, and Colby gets bored when I talk for more than a minute.

A deck-building primer that discusses the main approaches (building for a specific match-up, building to purge weakness, or building for a specific strategy such as assassination/combo/zoning/crowding, relevant summoning cost numbers on champions and commons, etc) certainly seems like it'd have merit.

I like the idea of a tempo or momentum article. I think that's part of why some newer players can struggle with Cloaks, Benders, and the Filth. They don't quite have a feel for their tempo yet, and how to control the board space and draw piles to their advantage. Summoning Surge factions are like that too, as well as anything with a summoner with a magic-costing Special.

When you say ups and downs of commons and champions, do mean kind of the pros and cons of both of their uses? Where each are appropriate or not?
    Last edited by Jexik; 07-28-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast