Thread: translated version?

Default translated version?

Hello, id like to know if there are plans for translating the game in other languages. It's a very thematic game and reading a lot of text in a foreign language can be discouraging for some players . Are there news for an italian localization?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Escopazzo View Post
    Hello, id like to know if there are plans for translating the game in other languages. It's a very thematic game and reading a lot of text in a foreign language can be discouraging for some players . Are there news for an Italian localization?
    Thanks
    Not that this is THAT helpful, but PHG does have the Crossroads Card generator page. I only say this because if someone wanted (I, unfortunately, am not bi-lingual) they could personally translate(translating en-mass using Google Translate might have varied results) a good chunk of the Crossroads Cards using the tool and post it under an account named something intuitive (i.e. Italian Translation, Spanish Translation.). Because everyone can see everyone's Crossroad Cards, people could print and sleeve them from there. In my experience, Crossroad Cards (with the exception of the scenario text printed in the back of the rule book) have the most text and replacing those cards alone might go a long way to make things more immersive. Not sure if there is a limit to how many player-generated Crossroads Cards each account can have.

Additionally, people could translate the scenario paragraphs and post a link here. That way people could just print them and throw them in the box.

Let me know your thoughts and if you make any headway on this.

There may be plenty of text through the game - beyond just the Crossroads cards already mentioned, each player has secret belongings in her hand, from where the text describes the effects of this item, and then a secret objective that should not be revealed to the other player.
    You may choose to work about the Crossroads cards by means of another player read them (normally it's the ball player to the left belonging to the active player), even so the item and secret objective text would still require reading in English. There can be quite a few distinct styles of items, so translating is actually a significant undertaking.
    Bar chairs have become positively ubiquitous and for good reason. They allow family, friends and even strangers to join us in the kitchen. Every school night, my sons did their homework sitting on a bar stool at our counter, where they could finagle help whether it was needed or not. Many a night, dear friends would perch on those same stools, keeping us company while we cooked or celebrating with us after a touchdown.