Thread: Interview with Isaac, Colby, and Emerson. Questions for them?

Default Interview with Isaac, Colby, and Emerson. Questions for them?

Hey everyone,

We will be interviewing Isaac, Colby, and Emerson next week on our podcast.

Do you have any questions you want to ask pertaining to Ashes and it's development or future plans?

Post them here, on our BGG guild, or on our Twitter

Thanks,
    Aaron

1. Do we have a date on when the pre-orders will be shipping?
    2. Is there a possibility of raid style play (one overpowered deck, say of one of the chimeras vs several phoenixborn)?
    3. Will we ever see Chimera decks with different mechanics that can be played versus one of the Phoenixborn?
    4. Possibility for recorded play that actually influences the game world and what cards are made? FFG did this a long time ago and I always thought it was cool.
    5. How well have the pre-orders gone? Based on that, do we have an idea when the next expansion will be?

Thanks for your questions!

1. If Ashes is success, which it probably is, will there be a way to play the game digitally? Do you like the idea of Vassal module like we have for Summoner Wars or rather have Ios and Android apps?

2. How long has Ashes been in development and how much has it changed over the course of it (and over the course of playtesting)?

3. Isaac, what made you to make this kind of game? And what inspired you?

BA people, please post here when the episode is up! Thank you.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Laternal View Post
    1. If Ashes is success, which it probably is, will there be a way to play the game digitally? Do you like the idea of Vassal module like we have for Summoner Wars or rather have Ios and Android apps?

2. How long has Ashes been in development and how much has it changed over the course of it (and over the course of playtesting)?

3. Isaac, what made you to make this kind of game? And what inspired you?
    Isaac answered #3 on the podcast a while ago. Sorry I don't recall the episode number. He said that when he was younger he really wanted to play MtG, but his parents could not afford to purchase as much as he needed to be competitive. So he ended up playing with cards from friends who had extras or cards they didn't want. This made him want to make a game with a lower entry cost that scratched a similar itch as a MtG style game. (I am paraphrasing from memory so don't know exactly what he said)

The rest is my opinion:
    I think Isaac may have started there, but what came out of it is much greater than this in my opinion. The addition of dice as a resource and the turn structure (among other things) has made this so much more than "an alternative to MtG". I am very excited to play this again and eagerly await its arrival.

Hey everyone! The show is up, so check it out at our website here - https://boardsalivepodcast.wordpress...son-matsuuchi/