Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrich deckbuilds

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    I've considered the twins in my Endrich decks, too, but it's just so hard to not play Sorgwen and the DD twins Lun and Kynder.

A defensive deck with Gren and Geopaths seems like it has merit. I'm going to go ahead and ignore Lun here even though he's amazing and post a build:

Endrich

Sorgwen (Owl if you want to be creative)
    Kendre
    Gren

Geopath x10**
    Priestess x2**
    Dragon x6

Hang back and snipe at things, using Gren to absorb the Geopaths that do die back to you. Never spend the 2 magic to boost a Dragon - either Redistribute from a Geopath or Unlock them. Sorgwen allows for free double-attacking Geopaths or Owl gives you more.magic - whichever.

Man, this deck looks really cool. End o the day though I probably just swap out Kendre for Lun. In a deck that sits back like this, Lun can just be so nasty yanking enemy commons in.

A Lun / Deceiver / Gorgon combo is just so wrong... thankfully it's pretty unnecessary.

Looking at my build inspired me of something - I'd like to see an Alliances tournament that forced your champ lineup to be one Alliance champ, and then one champ from each of the Allied factions. And then the common lineup has to include at least 4x each type of common. That would be fun.
    How about substituting Piclo for Owl? Same effect without subtracting from your attacks. Plus, combined with Lun, Piclo is nasty--pull opponents in, kill them with some Piclo, weaken with another unit and then get the sure kill with Piclo, etc. Used this way, Piclo has greater longevity.

I would try a modified version of your build:
    - Piclo
    - Sorgwyn
    - Lun
    - 6 Geopath
    - 6 Deep Dragon
    - 2 Gem Priestess
    - 4 Scholar
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-09-2015 at 01:49 PM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Piclo relies on having guys to kill though. That Geopath / Gren build is designed to sit back and turtle, so if they don't come to you, Owl can allow you to gain magic while a Geopath blasts away at a wall or something.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Piclo relies on having guys to kill though. That Geopath / Gren build is designed to sit back and turtle, so if they don't come to you, Owl can allow you to gain magic while a Geopath blasts away at a wall or something.
    I get your point, and I think it's a good point, but it just doesn't seem to me like a smart opponent will sit back and let you use Owl indefinitely (but maybe that's part of the strategy--force him to come at you and wreck himself against your Geopath units, especially if he's playing a faction with limited range or movement; and this actually seems like a really great strategy). I guess if you did something like Lun, Piclo, and Owl, you put the opponent in a catch-22 (i.e. "If I sit back, he'll build magic; if I come at him, he'll wreck me AND build extra magic through Piclo"). Then again, that's a more expensive build--though not so much more so that it's prohibitive--and you lose the extra attack of Sorgwyn (which obviously synergizes well with Owl), but you can just get that extra attack through Geopathic Command, instead.
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-09-2015 at 10:26 PM.

I believe DB can be played as a timing deck. You use unlocked units and Gorgons only and rush for your champs. Then you push very early with these units + champ. Dragons are great at early pressure due to their stats and movement. Geopaths can make it hard to flee. Some few controllers just for the movement manipulations might be a good idea but maybe even Dragons and Geo only might be better - needs testing.

in draw: 7 Dragons, 5 Geopath, 2 controlers - Rygos (wall pressure), Kyndar (gorgon combo, rygos, swarm), Sprong (wall movement).

the champs are realitively low cost so you should be able to use your magic ability or hard summon+boost a few more commons.

Interesting.... you're basically playing old Grognack. Summon nothing but champs and reinforced (unlocked) Commons. The issue is that the champs aren't as strong by themselves, the commons still cost 1 magic a piece, and the other events are far less potent than Freeze. I think you need to get more out of the cards than that in order to win with him.

The thing is that the Benders, and to a lesser extent the DD, don't have big beefy champs. They have champs that get the most of the bang for their buck out of their abilities.

I've been thinking hard about Kendre. I really think he's a solid champion - everytime you move a boost marker onto a Deep Dragon that you paid for with Unlock or on a Geopath, you save 1 magic. Then if you're able to move that same boost marker onto another Dragon later, you've saved 2 more magic AND probably denied your opponent one for killing the old Dragon since you probably had to discard it. Then if you do it again, etc. On top of that, you get great stats (Redistribute is -1 on the SSCF.... really???) for 4 magic. I still have Endrich going in this tournament, though I'm not sure going up against Esper's Vlox is the time to whip out the Kendre / Geopath / Dragon deck, but who knows?

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Here is the flaw on that plan. You are now left with a 1R/1 unit that is barely worth the other 2 magic you payed.
    Also killing a boosted dragon with kendre is not that good, if its a damaged dragon and you can use the ability you are losing a 2AV attack that is worth quite a bit. Also saving your opponent 1 attack in having to kill him, that now can use to kill the fresh dragon.

If kendre could use teh ability anytime or at least after attacks too, ok, if you would get the magic from killing the dragon, ok. As it is, it does too little to spend time on her instead of good champs.
    Last edited by Waterd; 06-10-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Here is the flaw on that plan. You are now left with a 1R/1 unit that is barely worth the other 2 magic you payed.
    Also killing a boosted dragon with kendre is not that good, if its a damaged dragon and you can use the ability you are losing a 2AV attack that is worth quite a bit. Also saving your opponent 1 attack in having to kill him, that now can use to kill the fresh dragon.

If kendre could use teh ability anytime or at least after attacks too, ok, if you would get the magic from killing the dragon, ok. As it is, it does too little to spend time on her instead of good champs.
    Well, you're only losing the attack if you don't have 3 other units to attack with that round. I'm probably thinking you'd summon a new Dragon to replace the old one...

I had playtest games with him where he felt like he just dominated - there were all different kinds of boostable units on the field and markers were just bouncing between them all.... but I don't think every game would be like that.

It's just a feeling that it might work - still need to test it a bit more. Deep dragons are pretty strong, same with Gorgons. The ability to shoot with 4 AV from the back line is something Grog cannot do and you are independent of the opponent unit count. I personally like to avoid Etch/Owl bore downs so if I can instead use him as a timing push deck I'll like that more.

Yes - the champs don't have as much beef but with Dragons + potential double attack enemy champs can be dealt with and Gorgons scare common play. On top of that you have plenty of mechanics that allow you to use magic even once you are low in cards. So going fast in the beginning and then slow down in the end is an option.

I am considering Kendre as a 3rd champ but not for the ability rather than for the stats. 3r/3 life for 4 is quite good. As Watred said, if the ability would kick in after you attack or better - at any time, once during your turn - that would be much better.

with Rygos, Kyndar and Kendre +4 Dragons/Geo boosted + 2 Gorgons you need 5 magic total from you opponent to summon all 3 champs. That should be possible. Edit: not counting starting setup units that can be used/killed off
    Last edited by jwalker; 06-10-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Well, you'd need 7 magic, but probably still possible. You're also building both Teleports, both Reclaims (though playing 1 might net you more magic anyway), one Gorgon and the other 10 commons, plus you're never paying for Endrich or Kynder's abilities.

34 cards - 6 on the field, leaves 28. If you start you will most probably get 2-3 magic by either self killing or killing opponents.
    4 Booosted units = 10 cards (magic+unit+1/2 unlock)
    2 Gorgons = 4 cards (magic+event each)
    leaves 14 cards in draw -3 champs.
    11 magic left. So 5 magic or 3 magic if your starting situation did not completely fail you if you play Kyndar/Rygos/Kendre. Every additional magic is for ability/walls.

Teleport and reclaim are really really situational events - they are on the level of Shiny, yes even below Duck and Cover. Teleport would be an ok event if it wasn't "boosted" units. But like this it's maybe cool to finish of or to bring Gorgons fast to the front line. But I do not see a problem with building these events.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast