Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Endrich deckbuilds

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    Events
    - Conjure Gorgon. Per SSCF, a Gorgon's summoning cost should be 2 magic. Per Conjure Gorgon then, it might seem like you're getting a deal to be able to summon a Gorgon for 1 magic and that the SSCF value is +1. However, through Conjure Gorgon, a Gorgon's cost is basically 2 magic; you spend the event and 1 magic in order to summon it. That's equal to 2 magic, and thus, the actual SSCF value of the Gorgon is 0. Remember, however, that in order to summon the Gorgon you have play the event card and pay 1 magic. This is equal to 2 magic and thus the SSCF is 0. All things equal, your economy is the same whether you build this as magic or summon the Gorgon. (And all things might not be equal. i.e. you might really need that Gorgon for defense. Following this analysis, a Gorgon is really equivalent in cost to a boosted Geopath. Therefore, you need to weigh which is more valuable to you in the situation that you're in). Its true value, in my opinion, is as a defensive unit to help against rushes.
    You get 1 Gorgon for 2 cards (event+magic). However even a unboosted Goapath costs already 2 cards (Geopath card+magic) a boosted even 3. There just simply is no other 1/3 unit with a positive ability in the game for only 2 cards. Gorgons are a pretty good deal for their cost. The downside is that they cannot profit from all the positive common unit boosts DB have access to but on the plus side are immun to common hate event/ability.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    You get 1 Gorgon for 2 cards (event+magic). However even a unboosted Goapath costs already 2 cards (Geopath card+magic) a boosted even 3. There just simply is no other 1/3 unit with a positive ability in the game for only 2 cards. Gorgons are a pretty good deal for their cost. The downside is that they cannot profit from all the positive common unit boosts DB have access to but on the plus side are immun to common hate event/ability.
    Good catch. The original post has been edited to remove that mistake.
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-08-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gojaejin View Post
    Gem Priestess is a truly unusual unit, in an Alliance that features so many awesome 1-life units, where one of the two original factions has only a single multi-life common that's a solid candidate for the worst unit in the game, and whose ability is self-healing anyway.

GP's emphasis on formation seems to mean that its single best synergy is with Scholars. Maybe there's a very non-Bender-like, non-Tundle-like, pseudo-Vanguard build based upon GPs and Scholars (maybe Miners?) that advances with a formation to guard Endrich, and then tries to set up a Teleport / Sorgwen / Geopathic Command combo. Strikes me as pretty low-probability, but worth trying.
    I can see a lot of units that could find a place in a formation-heavy build, although I can't quite figure out what units would work well together because I'm not very familiar with the Benders or Deep Dwarves (don't own the master set). How about the following champs used in the following ways:

- Gwalark and Deep Dragon (can easily call up a Deep Dragon from the rearguard or from a summoning wall to fill in a hole in the formation). Granted, this works with other units than Deep Dragon, but Deep Dragon would be most effective due to extra movement and his higher hp is good in a formation.
    - Gorgon. Ability to summoner next to summoner makes it easy to fill in holes in a formation, especially with Gwalark. Further, Death Stare is particularly good in a formation.
    - Kendre. Ability to swap out boosts from dying front line units to back line units ready to move to the front lines makes it easier to afford a prolonged formation and push.
    - Scholar. Obvious reasons.
    - Kynder/Lun. Ability to advance the formation, call up units from the back ranks, pull in opponent units to be killed, and combo attacks.
    - Controller. Same as Kynder and Lun. Because of low health, probably does best with Geopaths to deter opponent from getting in range to kill it.
    - Deep Troll. Set up camp next to a wall. Because of Rock Eater, doubles as a great flank when next to a wall.
    - Gren. My first thoughts are that he'd be a beast in a formation, as long as he remains protected. Great way to grind down the opponent.

And then the mercs Kogar, Urick, and Grubs. Kogar ruins enemy commons; Urick sets up combos, or bats the enemy away; and Grubs lets Endrich get in on the action and, again, fill in holes in the formation.

If Endrich gets hit in this play style, teleport him to safety.
    Last edited by commandercool; 06-08-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Really interested to see what people can make of Endrich and deckbuilding him. I haven't gotten near the amount of Alliances play that I would like, which sucks because its awesome. As for deckbuilds, I'm really tempting the idea of taking my existing Tac deck and making it an Endrich deck. I love playing Tacullu, but I think it has more to do with Controllers and Gwalark then any actual enjoyment from the events or summoner. So my preliminary deck:

Endrich
    Starters

Khan Queso
    Sorgwen
    Gwalark

5 Vermin
    4 Deep Dragons
    5 Controllers

It's basically my teleplague deck with DD's in for Decs. I'm kinda thinking of Kynder in for a champ, maybe Sorgwen. The Tac version is a really fun deck, and I think this deck can have some potential too with Teleport and Gorgons.

Quote Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
    - Gwalark and Deep Dragon (can easily call up a Deep Dragon from the rearguard or from a summoning wall to fill in a hole in the formation). Granted, this works with other units than Deep Dragon, but Deep Dragon would be most effective due to extra movement and his higher hp is good in a formation.
    - Gorgon. Ability to summoner next to summoner makes it easy to fill in holes in a formation, especially with Gwalark. Further, Death Stare is particularly good in a formation.
    - Kendre. Ability to swap out boosts from dying front line units to back line units ready to move to the front lines makes it easier to afford a prolonged formation and push.
    - Scholar. Obvious reasons.
    - Kynder/Lun. Ability to advance the formation, call up units from the back ranks, pull in opponent units to be killed, and combo attacks.
    - Controller. Same as Kynder and Lun. Because of low health, probably does best with Geopaths to deter opponent from getting in range to kill it.
    - Deep Troll. Set up camp next to a wall. Because of Rock Eater, doubles as a great flank when next to a wall.
    - Gren. My first thoughts are that he'd be a beast in a formation, as long as he remains protected. Great way to grind down the opponent.
    With healing, Kalu/Talu also look much better than before. They should save a lot of magic to fill out a formation with tough commons.

Kalu and talu are the most underrated champs in the game imo. If i didnt have access to mercenaries in Tacullu, And there where some kind of inevitability rule i would play them in tac. I do when i play him in my variants.
    With that said Lun and kynder are superior :/

With that said is possible im even making a mistake to not use kalu/talu over Rygos/Queso combo. (not over etch, he is just etch)
    Last edited by Waterd; 06-09-2015 at 07:37 AM.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I've considered the twins in my Endrich decks, too, but it's just so hard to not play Sorgwen and the DD twins Lun and Kynder.

A defensive deck with Gren and Geopaths seems like it has merit. I'm going to go ahead and ignore Lun here even though he's amazing and post a build:

Endrich

Sorgwen (Owl if you want to be creative)
    Kendre
    Gren

Geopath x10**
    Priestess x2**
    Dragon x6

Hang back and snipe at things, using Gren to absorb the Geopaths that do die back to you. Never spend the 2 magic to boost a Dragon - either Redistribute from a Geopath or Unlock them. Sorgwen allows for free double-attacking Geopaths or Owl gives you more.magic - whichever.

Man, this deck looks really cool. End o the day though I probably just swap out Kendre for Lun. In a deck that sits back like this, Lun can just be so nasty yanking enemy commons in.

A Lun / Deceiver / Gorgon combo is just so wrong... thankfully it's pretty unnecessary.

Looking at my build inspired me of something - I'd like to see an Alliances tournament that forced your champ lineup to be one Alliance champ, and then one champ from each of the Allied factions. And then the common lineup has to include at least 4x each type of common. That would be fun.
    Last edited by killercactus; 06-09-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I know Lun/Kynder are really popular but I try to ween myself off auto play champs to explore funner deckbuilds; same reason I have Mookless decks. A twins deck is another combo I'd really like to try,

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    I've considered the twins in my Endrich decks, too, but it's just so hard to not play Sorgwen and the DD twins Lun and Kynder.

A defensive deck with Gren and Geopaths seems like it has merit. I'm going to go ahead and ignore Lun here even though he's amazing and post a build:

Endrich

Sorgwen (Owl if you want to be creative)
    Kendre
    Gren

Geopath x10**
    Priestess x2**
    Dragon x6

Hang back and snipe at things, using Gren to absorb the Geopaths that do die back to you. Never spend the 2 magic to boost a Dragon - either Redistribute from a Geopath or Unlock them. Sorgwen allows for free double-attacking Geopaths or Owl gives you more.magic - whichever.

Man, this deck looks really cool. End o the day though I probably just swap out Kendre for Lun. In a deck that sits back like this, Lun can just be so nasty yanking enemy commons in.

A Lun / Deceiver / Gorgon combo is just so wrong... thankfully it's pretty unnecessary.

Looking at my build inspired me of something - I'd like to see an Alliances tournament that forced your champ lineup to be one Alliance champ, and then one champ from each of the Allied factions. And then the common lineup has to include at least 4x each type of common. That would be fun.
    That would mean you can't use Kalu/Talu unless you have them exempted from that ruling.
    Winter is Coming...

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    That would mean you can't use Kalu/Talu unless you have them exempted from that ruling.
    Sure, but that would just be a fun tourney format or something.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast