Thread: Get excited

Default Get excited

Just wanted to let everyone know, plaidhat posted to Twitter that the first copy of ashes is off the press and they will have it to show off at origins!
    Last edited by Phuzzworthy; 06-02-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzzworthy View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know, plaidhat posted to Twitter that the first copy of ashes is off the press and they will have it to show off at origins!
    so where does this put shipping out the pre-orders? just curious.

Klaxas - He says what we're all thinking. ; )
    but I am getting excited!Super Excited!

I was able to try this out at Origins and must say this is one of the few games that I am really excited for. I try to limit my cult of the new anticipation, but this game is definitely on my buy it day one list. Great job on this one guys!

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
    I was able to try this out at Origins and must say this is one of the few games that I am really excited for. I try to limit my cult of the new anticipation, but this game is definitely on my buy it day one list. Great job on this one guys!
    agree. I think someone else said it first but I totally agree with the statement "this is the game i wanted magic to be"

EDIT: a day 0 buy for me as ive already preordered.

So...care to share what made it so great? I mean, I already pre-ordered it, so my expectations are high, but not having played it, I'm really curious to see what makes it so good. :-)

For me the depth and feeling of the characters go a long way. When I played the demo, I was Maeoni and was playing against Coal. The two characters were vastly different in how they worked there hands. It gave a sense that each Phoenixborn was unique and fleshed out with a lot of time and effort put into how playing their deck should "feel".

On top of that, working with the dice and trying to get your roll to line up with your hand added some tension that I find is lacking in some games that are strictly card driven. The various abilities to manipulate your hand and the die faces fought against that inevitable round where you draw crap cards and just can't do anything. For me those kind of turns can ruin a game if it has the potential to happen too often.

Very interesting, I'm really looking forward to playing it!

Sooooooooo. ETA on preorders? Gen Con? Sooner? Later?