Thread: Game Mats

Default Game Mats

Now that PHG has made a card game similar to that of magic, vanguard, and other ccg, I think it's time to discuss mats if you ever played magic at any event you probably know what I'm talking about. A protective vinyl sheet or sometimes rubber than keeps your pretty cards off the table and in good shape. These mats often have art from cards or boxes on them or even extra art that you wouldn't find on other products. So my question is: What units or Phoenixborn would you like to see on a game mat to both show off you allegiance and protect your cards.

For me I think I would really like to see all the symbols on the dice in a cool pattern on my mat.
    Or maybe just the logo with all the Phoenixborn around it like the summoner wars master set box art.
    I would enjoy just the box art on a mat as well.
    Last edited by GeneralRolando; 05-17-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Box art is amazing, so that on a mat would work for me. :-)

I do also like versus art, so depending on if the Phoenixborn have nemeses in the background story, that would be awesome too!

That would be kinda neat. I would also like mats that are created specific to each phoenixborn. For example each mat would have card sized rectangles equal to that of their battlefield and spellboard or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
    That would be kinda neat. I would also like mats that are created specific to each phoenixborn. For example each mat would have card sized rectangles equal to that of their battlefield and spellboard or something like that.
    this is what i would love, themed mats to each phoenixborn, with slots for your battlefield and spellboard. art themed to your home city or nature. Saria could have a ballroom scene for example.

That could be pretty sweet. My thing with mats is the key is to have them be affordable - I've seen other companies charging $50 for an optional mat, so not going to happen.

They make really cool tournament prizes too...

Seeing how Summoner Wars got a mat with alliances I think it's probably likely we'll see one if ashes is considered a "success" for them. I'm hoping they release one in the first big expansion as that will drop the price down selling them in mass.

If you notice part 4 of all the previews, each Phoenixborn already has a personal art. These would (will?) make for good play mat backgrounds, and the length/width ratio looks about right for play mats (or at the very least they will make nice desktop backgrounds)