Thread: Unit Guard ability question

Post Unit Guard ability question

I was just reading the article today on attacking and I've got a question about the 'Unit Guard' ability. Before I get to my quesiton, I'll toss out what I see in the rule book for quick reference:

On page 18:
    Guard: A Phoenixborn or unit with the ‘Unit Guard’ ability that has been declared to be guarding a unit that is being targeted for an attack by an ‘Attack a Unit’ main action.

On page 9:
    3. Declare a Guard: The defending player may choose to have her Phoenixborn guard the unit being targeted by moving her Phoenixborn in front of that unit. The Phoenixborn is now the target of the attack. Note: A Phoenixborn can guard even if it is exhausted. An unexhausted unit the defending player controls with the ‘Unit Guard’ ability can be declared as a guard in the same way. Only a single unit can be declared as a guard for any given attack.

Okay, so on to the question....
    Can a unit that is being targeted for an attack also use their 'Unit guard' ability to guard another unit that is being targeted for an attack?

For example:

1. You have two Iron Workers(2/2/1).
    2. I have a Silver Snake(X/4/3) and a Glider (1/2/0).
    3. You decided to attack my Silver Snake with one Iron Worker and my Glider with the other Iron Worker.
    4. Both the Silver Snake and the Glider are not exhausted.
    5. At this point, can I use my Glider's 'Unit Guard' ability to block the Iron Worker who is attacking the Silver Snake, thus making both Iron Workers attack the Glider?

Thanks for the help
    I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

~BlamedCat

There is only ever one target of an attack.

The only time there are multiple "battles" happening at once is when multiple units attack a Phoenixborn, and the defender blocks with more than one unit (each unit can only block one other unit).
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    There is only ever one target of an attack.

The only time there are multiple "battles" happening at once is when multiple units attack a Phoenixborn, and the defender blocks with more than one unit (each unit can only block one other unit).
    Oh, well that clarifies that out right Thanks, Joe!

So if you attack a silver snake with three units, and the defending player declares a gilder as defender, all three attacks are now directed at him? (Same as if he had defended with Maeoni?)

Yes, if the gilder guards the silver snake, all 3 units would now be attacking the gilder.
    And the same would be true if Maeoni guards.

Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster