Thread: SETUP: Order of Pick Hunter or Agent?

Default SETUP: Order of Pick Hunter or Agent?

Just wanted to bring this up for discussion to make sure I had the rules correct.
    In the current rule book, it states that the Hunters will be picked First ( openly the way I understand )
    Then the agent picks their character hidden.

During the Watch it Played Youtube video, he tells us to pick Agent first, then the Hunters will be chosen.
    This is a big difference as discussed else-where. You can counter pick your agent if you know
    what hunters are coming after you.

More Discussion on counter picking agent HERE
    ... and then Furz said "Why that one holding the poop boss?" Krusk gave a weary sigh.

Hum...
    'Nother good question man and while I can't give anything official, I would say that it does make "some" difference.
    In order to be as fair as possible, I think both (or all) parties should pick their people secretly.
    Thematically, could the Agents look around, see who's guarding the facility then send in the appropriate operative?
    Could the Hunters wait to see who intrudes on their junk before sending the proper response team?

Tough call, Hunt some Agents people..!

We use what is in the rulebook as you stated, hunters first (openly) and then the agent. Figure the agent (or his agency) has been doing some recon and knows who to send in and who i on duty.

I wouldn't say Rodney's video is contradictory, just inexact. The agent is meant to pick after the hunters.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    I wouldn't say Rodney's video is contradictory, just inexact. The agent is meant to pick after the hunters.
    Agreed. Was just in the order he told to explain the rules, Rodney does an outstanding job. I usually learn all my games by listening to his post. It was just a question that came up in our first game.
    ... and then Furz said "Why that one holding the poop boss?" Krusk gave a weary sigh.