Thread: 5 player/Traitor

Default 5 player/Traitor

This is where I see the most questions coming in, so lets start with...

General
    When revealed the traitor "takes a movement sheet and immediately moves".

Sounds like he takes his own separate movement sheet. Are the two agents allowed to see each others movement sheets? In other words to know where each other are at? What/When they are using items?

Vehicle (and...)
    From the faq... "Yes, the agent can give false information when the traitor uses a special ability that reveals information. Note that if there is a non-traitor hunter in the vehicle, the agent may not give false information even if the traitor is the one that activated the motion sensor.

So this implies that if only the traitor is in the vehicle (or puppet traitor activates motion sensor on empty vehicle), the agent can give false information for motion detection. Can they give 'incorrect location' or 'no motion was detected', as they choose?
    Also seems this false info works for any special ability that reveals info if its the traitors ability? (prophet as traitor 'post cognition'? )

Lastly, Hunters/The Gun
    For any traitor, can the agent choose to place her last seen, instead of choosing to remain hidden? This might be good to throw the hunters off the track, if one hunter NEVER spots the agent it will get suspicious.
    (if yes) Can she place the last seen in the wrong location, or must it be the actual last seen location?
    If The Gun is the traitor can she also... Choose to place her last seen, and fake taking damage from 'quick draw'? Can she fake taking damage from 'sniper shot'?

Sorry if these seem obvious, I feel like 5 player may be the most... finnickey? so Id like to be sure.

I have a few other questions like this myself...

The rules say that the traitor is only revealed if at 'any time the agent becomes visible to a hunter while the agent was secretly in line of sight of the traitor'. After the FAQ changes, there seems to be many ways that the players can know who the traitor is.

Let's say the Beast is the traitor and takes the first turn for the hunters. He moves and smells. The agent says that he can't smell her. The loyal Profit sees the agent, who is within 4 spaces of the Beast but not visible to the Beast. The hunters know that the Beast is the traitor, but not because of the reason specified in the rulebook. Does the Beast become an agent, or does he stay a hunter but just can't access the vehicle because the other hunters vote him out?
    Last edited by Obsidian; 04-17-2015 at 02:53 PM.

According to 'Nazca Games' on Boardgamegeek.com...

Obsidian's Question. Yes, the rulebook says 'when it becomes apparent a hunter is the traitor' , and only gives line of sight as an example. Any time it is apparent, he is revealed as a traitor, as in your example, beast would become an agent. (Be careful with your proofs... maybe Holo Decoy...)

General
    - Yes, two agents are able to look at each others movement sheets. (and point and discuss)
    - Agent can choose to reveal last seen token to the traitor, she may not lie about location of last seen token.
    Vehicle/Info revealing abilities
    You can lie if the traitor uses the ability. The lie does not seem limited, i.e. Vehicles motion sensor agent can give 'incorrect location' or 'no motion detected'; can lie for Traitor Prophet's Post Cognition

If the Beast sniffs, do the agents need to say how many agents he sniffs? If he sniffs just one, does he get to know which? This question is for after the traitor is revealed to be an agent, of course.

This might be obvious with the card in hand, but I wanted to post the question while it was fresh in my mind.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    If the Beast sniffs, do the agents need to say how many agents he sniffs? If he sniffs just one, does he get to know which? This question is for after the traitor is revealed to be an agent, of course.

This might be obvious with the card in hand, but I wanted to post the question while it was fresh in my mind.
    The short answer is Yes.

Alternatively, you can find all this and much more addressed in the FAQ located at:

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/images/...erOPSFAQv1.pdf