Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes: Rise of the Pheonixborn pre-orders going up April 9th at 12pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    Joseph, in that picture, there are indeed 6 Phoenixborn, but those aren't the set of 6 Phoenixborn in the Rise of the Phoenixborn set.

6 do come in RotP, the 6 on the box, plus the promo Phoenixborn if you order from PHG.com.
    So basically that is a preview of phoenixborn to come in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    There are 3 copies of all cards in the core box, which is the max of a given card.
    This, this makes me happy

Do we have any information about international shipping costs at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by SadYear View Post
    Do we have any information about international shipping costs at this point?
    It'll be the same kind of deal that Specter Ops and Alliances has been.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    It'll be the same kind of deal that Specter Ops and Alliances has been.
    Definitely makes things interesting! Thanks for the tidbit of insider information.
    Last edited by SadYear; 04-08-2015 at 07:23 PM.

The artwork on this is absolutely stunning! I am very excited for this one. Looking forward to getting a peek at the rule book.

Oh the anticipation!
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Having glanced through the rules, I'm interested on how multiplayer works. It seems to be like Magic where there is no incentive to attacking an opponent as it may lead to a snowball effect where the player who is not attacked turtles up and gets stronger. I'm curious on how Ashes plan to solve this issue besides limiting the number of spells and Units you can have at on the Spellboard and Battlefield.
    Winter is Coming...

Didn't much like it during testing (I think it was because of how clunky it was on VASSAL), but I honestly think I will preorder it because that box art is beautiful, I need it in my collection! And I have faith that the game is great played outside of the realm of clunky old VASSAL.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

After reading the rules a question comes to mind:
    Is there no real resource-management? I mean, everybody gets his or her 10 dice in the beginning and from there on it's pure luck what your getting out of that, seemingly no way to increase your or decrease your opponent's dice count.
    Do I miss something here or is it supposed to be like that?

Also: what's with the Promo Phoenixborn? How can one get it?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast