Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Warden?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    Incanter is better in Dema's deck if you go Anointed since you can Shield of the Hopeful to save them.
    Living Shield isn't terrible on Anointed, either. Or Cultists / Zealots for that matter. Or enraged Oafs.

Overworking Berserkers is fun. It's also interesting that you can use the Prison Pile to fuel Smeege's addiction through Tyrant. Never tried that and not sure I'd wanna do it, but it's there.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    It's okay, I had Mook buffing Mutations for a little while only to realize my error after two games... :,c Could've been SOSOSOSOSO strong, especially with Incanter.
    Yeah initially I thought of putting Mook into the Warden's deck but realise his ability only works with Cave Goblins and not the Mutations. I think if you build a deck focusing on the CG or CF commons like Oaf, Prisoners, and Taskmaster, Mook can still give significant support especially with Incanter adjacent to a Prisoner or Taskmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Living Shield isn't terrible on Anointed, either. Or Cultists / Zealots for that matter. Or enraged Oafs.

Overworking Berserkers is fun. It's also interesting that you can use the Prison Pile to fuel Smeege's addiction through Tyrant. Never tried that and not sure I'd wanna do it, but it's there.
    Living Shield + Prison pile means you are expending resources to save the weak Anointed for one turn. I'd rather save my expensive Mutations. Shield however, is nice to hold in hand if you want to go the Anointed/Incanter combo.
    Winter is Coming...

My Warden has
    Spew,Claw,Poison, Horror, Legion, Bone, Barbed, Spellsucker
    Soul Eater, Scabbicus
    6x Prisoners 2x Taskmasters

Id like to know others thoughts on my build because at the moment it hasnt lost
    Filth FOREVER!!!....no pun intended.

I know everyone is saying Warden cant do swarming, but I think im gonna try it myself. The two deck ideas I haz right now:

Prison Riot
    4 starters

5 Prisoners
    5 fighters
    4 mutations ( Horror, Grotesque, Stoneflesh, Corpulent)

Hester
    Krag
    Reeker

This is my idea for a crowding Warden deck use cheap champs so that I can keep an efficient economy, with only 4 magic needed to summon anything. I'd try to get grotesqur or horror hugging a wall and hitting it. I'd basically try to get atleast one mutant out early on a starting prisoner and just cycle whatever mutation I wanted when I get it. I thonk stoneflesh can be a good crowder too since he can allow you to bring more crowders up. This is light on prispn centric units, but that should allow for a bigger pile for hester. Reeker and Krag are good cheap choices. I could go with Mook but I like the slightly cheaper cost, and Mook wont help mutants.

Juvenile Detention

4 Starters

6 Runts
    4 Anointed
    4 Cultists
    2 mutants (Spew, Incanter)

Vomitus

This isnt a real serious deck but I'd love to try it. I prefer this too a dema anointed deck because Warden can use Runts to block off the ranged attackers. Incanter doesnt help the Runts but they help nullify Cultist weakness. Vomitus can be used as ranged when possible; if he rolls low then hit something with the runt. There is minimal prisoner utolity hrre but without a CF champ you'll probably have enough for enlist, unholy sacrifice, and living shield

I feel if you're going to do a swarm/crowding based build then Barbed Mutant is kind of required.
    Oh no.

Howso? barbed is great against swarms sure, but in a swarm I don't see them as helpful. (Might be why I never liked berserkers either)
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

If ASSAULT effected walls it'd be great, but alas it doesnt. I myself actually like Beserkers in Snreks because they can kinda counteract other summoners who wanna rush and crowd, like Sunderved. With Warden it doesnt seem as vital

Simply if your enemy crowds around your other units, you can surprise summon him with opportunities you created.
    Also, i don't know if this is sanctioned by the rules, but when my units with Assault attack, I just have them target the wall, as it's ability says it can target all units. I guess I'm saying, I attack the wall, and then assault activates, due to the wording of the ability. I wonder if this brought up about in the FAQ or specific rules.
    Oh no.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Simply if your enemy crowds around your other units, you can surprise summon him with opportunities you created.
    Also, i don't know if this is sanctioned by the rules, but when my units with Assault attack, I just have them target the wall, as it's ability says it can target all units. I guess I'm saying, I attack the wall, and then assault activates, due to the wording of the ability. I wonder if this brought up about in the FAQ or specific rules.
    ASSAULT basically replaces your normal attack with an attack that hits all adjacent Units. Instead of targeting a Unit to attack, you activate ASSAULT instead. So you can't do it the way you described. Both the app and the FAQ state this to be the case.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast