Thread: How long do you think you will be gaming?

Default How long do you think you will be gaming?

So I assume everyone here likes gaming, or Nintendo games at least. Well when do you think you'll stop? It has to happen sometime, no? Do you think it'll happen when life begins to get in the way, or when you're simply too old to have the required dexterity and reaction time? :P

And what do you see yourself doing when you finally drop gaming altogether? Scary questions, I know.
    Be your own true friend

I cannot see myself quiting gaming ever. I love good games and I want to start making games myself at one point. Maybe only then, when there happens to be always something more important/awesome to do. And of course, I always have boardgames.

Im 32, soon 33, I think i will play games for as long as I wish to be happy.
    The age may affect the genere as it did, when i was even younger i liked more high execution games like RTS and Fighting games, now i rarely play real time games if ever, also I look more for substance. Before I liked more toylike game like simcity or adventure games like monkey island. Nowadays really I only care for games with a high amount of strategic decisions, so basically really i only play strategy games.
    Though I play party games and the like ocasionally, games like dixit and King of tokyo are fun to mess around when i meet with other people that are not used to strategy games.
    Last edited by Waterd; 04-05-2015 at 08:43 AM.

46 on Monday and still playing.

Games are a great way to sharpen the saw. Probably more so strategic games or problem solving games but they are a way to exercise the brain on a regular basis.

The human race has been playing games since we established civilizations, and probably even before then. Games are also a wonderful way to stay in touch with people that are important to you.

I've been playing games in one form or another for as far back as I can remember. I like, genestealer above me, am 46. I do not ever foresee a time when I will not be playing games, even if it ends up being just dominoes in an old folks home.
    Last edited by R˙chean; 04-05-2015 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im 32, soon 33, I think i will play games for as long as I wish to be happy.
    The age may affect the genere as it did, when i was even younger i liked more high execution games like RTS and Fighting games, now i rarely play real time games if ever, also I look more for substance. Before I liked more toylike game like simcity or adventure games like monkey island. Nowadays really I only care for games with a high amount of strategic decisions, so basically really i only play strategy games.
    Though I play party games and the like ocasionally, games like dixit and King of tokyo are fun to mess around when i meet with other people that are not used to strategy games.

That's funny, I'm 32 and I feel like I am shifting the other direction. At age 6 on I was playing rpgs and loved civilizations and sim city. I ignored most action style games as they didn't have any depth to them. I hated a game I could pick up and play and it didn't have any progression. The total war games were awesome for me.

Now, I feel like I don't have the time to invest in some of the deeper involved games. I play Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, Dota2 and rarely try to play any of my other games due to the investment in time to learn and plan and complete a game. I'll certainly never stop playing games and once my kids get older and have their own lives, I'll probably invest more time into more involved games. But right now, I work full time, have been going to school (just got my bachelor's - starting law school this fall), married with a 2 and 6 year old... so I just don't have much time I can spend on a good strategy game.
    Last edited by Nardraug; 04-24-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Lightbulb Already happened

Quote Originally Posted by joancasti View Post
    So I assume everyone here likes gaming, or Nintendo games at least. Well when do you think you'll stop? It has to happen sometime, no? Do you think it'll happen when life begins to get in the way, or when you're simply too old to have the required dexterity and reaction time? :P

And what do you see yourself doing when you finally drop gaming altogether? Scary questions, I know.
    It has already happened. Just have no time to play games (Ha! literally). Work, goals, etc.

However, it would be fun to play Nintendo Wii with the lady every now and then.

I think it has always been a part of my life and I don't think I would ever quit. Luckily, all my friends are into playing board, tabletop, role-playing, or video games. So as long as I can roll d20s, I'll be playing.