Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you rate your games?

Thumbs up Title:

Nice collection of games you guys have played, I also have a nice collection of Euros, TCGs and Minis .... My BGG Ratings
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

I went through your ratings and I agree with most of your ratings.

I just wish your detailed what you didn't like about specific Heroscape expansions, because I was really surprised at some of the rating you gave them, like the Volcano set, that one is awesome!
    The Fallen Kingdom is Rising...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_AndraK View Post
    Nice collection of games you guys have played, I also have a nice collection of Euros, TCGs and Minis .... My BGG Ratings
    Just breeze through your rating as well, interesting, wow-tcg is hella better than the current mtg for sure, wow fixed all the issue mtg has and than some (guess where mtg's planewalker idea came from )... and has anyone saw the latest mtg gimmick? Flip-card that needs a grocery type of check list? You crazy sob now just ran out of idea, isnt it??

The only thing is the money aspect, I would be playing wow-tcg if wasnt for the huge money sink

Anyways, I am slowly working on my own rating as well, lol I am pretty new to bbg... I gave SW a 10, it deserve no less

Thumbs up "It's a Good Change" - Prince John - Robin Hood Men in Tights

Quote Originally Posted by Sauam View Post
    ... I gave SW a 10, it deserve no less

Well after reading that I feel inclined to Update my ranking's to give SW a 10, just so I don't look like a traitor.
    "Ash nasg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Have a Look at My Custom Summoner Wars Creations...

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/album.php?u=204

If you have a Custom Faction try getting into card form and really achieve the "WOW" Factor, feel free to use my templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_AndraK View Post
    Well after reading that I feel inclined to Update my ranking's to give SW a 10, just so I don't look like a traitor.
    Haha, nice.

Anyways, I just updated my rating with all the games I have... not planning to rate those I don't own just yet

http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/...boardgame&ff=1

I rate 8-10 as always want to play, 5-7 as good but wont be rushing to play, any score lower than 5 is bad game which I'll stay away.

I added like 40 games to my commented list and updated some others.

Summoner Wars is now a 9.5, I thought 9 was fair but then I realized I think about this game a lot and I can never refuse if someone asks me to play.

It's still so hard to make it a 10.. I must resist...

I also added a new 9 to my list.
    Last edited by airdroppers; 02-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
    If you own or play any other games, which ones do you rate 9 or 10?
    To answer your question:

10:
    Tipp-Kick
    Agricola
    Summoner Wars

9.5:
    Battleline
    Yomi
    Pandemic
    Puerto Rico
    Battletech
    Eclipse

more

-JanE

Tipptick looks really cool

I've never been a fan of number ratings for music, movies, or games because many of these contain qualitative elements that numbers can't capture. For example, Puerto Rico is one of the highest rated games on BGG, but I'm not a fan of indirect interaction so a 9 in this case would mean nothing to me.

That said, Drake's Flames and Tom Vasel do a great job with pros and cons of individual games.

^ I know what you mean. A lot of the top 100 games are not that great IMO.
    I simply rate games because I can check my ratings later and I know which games to buy / avoid. It's kinda cool to see what the community rates other games to see our similarities.

I dont know if this is off topic, but I was wondering what card games are in the "must play" category right now on the market. I'm been into card games for about a year, and im always interested in picking up simple, fun games for me and my friends.

These are the games I have so far:

-Citadels
    -Death Angel
    -Dark Overlord!
    -Bang!
    -Rune Age
    -Night Fall
    -Yugioh
    -and, of course, Summoner Wars

I tend to go with theme over anything, so I typically enjoy FFG games. I guess If I could put some limits on it, I would have to say: 2 player (works well) and up (8 player would be nice), easy for anyone to pick up, lots of replayability, and a new mechanic (I have two deckbuilders, a take that, and a co-op). The next games I am looking at for the moment are: Blood Bowl TM and Sentinels of the Multiverse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Mookinizer; 04-24-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Mark my words Sir Sharpie, this is a duel of the Crayons!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast