Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hester, Scabbicus, Soul Eater, and The Legion - Can they all work together?

Default Hester, Scabbicus, Soul Eater, and The Legion - Can they all work together?

Has anyone made a successful attempt playing The Warden with Hester, Scabbicus, Soul Eater and The Legion in the game? In a post-match discussion with glenn3e, we found that having all four of these units in the deck will not do well as these cards will be competing for the use of the cards in the Prison pile (in addition to Living Shield). We believe it will be better to either choose two of the above units to build in your deck like Soul Eater and Scabbicus or Hester and The Legion. This approach can also free two deck spaces to put in some other additional Mutations.

What are your thoughts on this?

In my experience, I did find that my deck worked better when I only included a couple of those units. I tend to mainly use my prison pile for events and Scabbicus. It might be possible to get good use out of all 4 in the same game, but I haven't done it. I imagine you would have to a) have very good attack rolls against enemy commons and b) only use your magic for these 4 units and nothing else.

Replacing 2 of these units with mutations has worked well for me because mutations are just awesome and because having 3 (4 if you count a super-Legion Mutant) champs that are designed to wreck the place is overkill.
    Quick (and final) plug for my videos: Cave Filth StrategyPart 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmH-...ature=youtu.be
    Cave Filth Strategy Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BHPjjo8c6I

But to save you some time, I said in the videos that I think I would build a deck around utilizing one or 2 of these units as the focus of my prison pile, rather than trying to summon all of them but with subpar results.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I actually really like decks with all 4 of them, and a bunch of other strong mutants. The trick is that you have to understand that you won't be summoning all 4 of them during the game, and you have to be willing to build them as magic when the situation calls for it.

It's similar to playing 10x a strong common. You know you aren't going to summon all of them, but you'll have one when the situation calls for it.

I like looking at Warden as a deck that can pack like, 10 champs. I know.that I'm gonna summon a few of them and then try to Enlist back a couple more.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Just don't take Soul Eater out. Ever.

I have only gotten a few base games as the Warden so my experience is limited. But my general strategy has been to build mutations as you go for Enlist, summon a TM if a prisoner you needed gets caged, and make sure to get good units in your discard from subjugate. I like having a good number of prison centric units so a draw cant screw me completely. I rarely actually summon mutations I found. If I was gonna deck build I may try a build to maximize Hester since he doesn't effect prison pile size; maybe something with some cheap CG champs a backup. Reeker and Krag?

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    If I was gonna deck build I may try a build to maximize Hester since he doesn't effect prison pile size; maybe something with some cheap CG champs a backup. Reeker and Krag?
    I like your idea of having cheap Champs in your Champion line-up. Hester, Reeker, and Krag all have 4 summoning cost only. Need to try to this out one day.

I was even thinking of focusing on Fighers and beserkers to back up prisoners and replace mutations; really try and explore the swarminess of the Warden. Something like:

8 prisoners
    3 beserkers
    6 fighters

Not sure how Warden could fare without mutations though, but honestly my strategy right now with him hasnt gotten out a ton of mutants. Maybe use 3 mutations in place of beserkers? With those 3 champs it could be a lot of units on the board at once... maybe Bone and Spew for ranged, Horror because she's always awesome

I've had four CF experiences, twice playing with them, and twice playing against them. In those games, the Legion Mutant never came out. I LOVE the concept of Legion, but the resource use is just a little too much. I think I need more experience managing both magic and prison pile to get a better grasp of him/her/it. Both games I played I was able to get Scabbicus out late in the game and he put the final wounds on the summoners. I played against Hester with a full prison pile, and that was scary. I played against a Soul Eater once and he seemed weak that match. Question: does the rule of not needing 3 champs apply to CF?

Honestly I'd rather have 3 champs as Warden. He cant recycle the same way Dema can, and champs are more durable then mutations since their immune to things commons arent. But my style of Warden hasnt gotten out alot of mutants

Quote Originally Posted by brightknight_216 View Post
    Has anyone made a successful attempt playing The Warden with Hester, Scabbicus, Soul Eater and The Legion in the game? In a post-match discussion with glenn3e, we found that having all four of these units in the deck will not do well as these cards will be competing for the use of the cards in the Prison pile (in addition to Living Shield). We believe it will be better to either choose two of the above units to build in your deck like Soul Eater and Scabbicus or Hester and The Legion. This approach can also free two deck spaces to put in some other additional Mutations.

What are your thoughts on this?
    I have played several games summoning the 3 champs with great success. In all of those games I did not summon The Legion. You can definitely summon all 3 champs and have it work though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast