Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one upset that there wasnt a third option ......

The fact that people (fairly new to these forums and probably to how Plaid Hat works) are saying that all of this is happening so that Plaid Hat can save some money is pretty crazy to me. The creators have been really open about their mistakes and what has happened. Try and play the game before you critique a single rule in it.

Plaid Hat has earned enough faith from me to trust that when they say they made a mistake and here's how it should be, that I'll believe they made a mistake and that's how it should be rather than assuming they're another evil, souless corporation just trying to save a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWilde View Post
    The fact that people (fairly new to these forums and probably to how Plaid Hat works) are saying that all of this is happening so that Plaid Hat can save some money is pretty crazy to me. The creators have been really open about their mistakes and what has happened. Try and play the game before you critique a single rule in it.
    I agree. The rules and the card are consistent, and I trust that it works fine. I would feel differently if there was an actual mistake in the printing, but I do not believe there is, at least when it comes to this particular card.

The only error made was in the "Watch It Played" video, where most people learned the rules. They learned that version of the rules and assumed the card was incorrect, when it was the other way around. Luckily, that error can be easily corrected by Hunky Rodney. The rest boils down to mis-communication, crossed wires, and second guessing, even though they got it right the first time. This kind of thing happens all of the time in every industry, and it doesn't have any impact on the final product, so who cares? It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWilde View Post

Exactly, Plaid Hat is one of the most transparent companies I have ever seen. This whole thing started with them trying to go far beyond what another company would do by letting us know what was happening as it happened. I don't want this incident to cause hesitation to communicate going forward.

I would like to jump in and provide an additional perspective. From a thematic sense, placing the character figure on the last scene token also makes sense thematically. If I were a hunter and got a glimpse of the agent as they ran past a street, I would be able to identify which agent it was. We could come up with back story that these agents are the elite agents that have built a bit of a reputation and are "most wanted" by the hunters. This is why the hunters can immediately recognize them... etc

Lets slow down the hate-train a little we are all anxious to get our hands on a copy of Specter Ops and want it to be as great as possible, but I think we need to realize that this is an industry that is operated by people and some times mistakes and confusion will happen. Lets not expect more from others than we could reasonably expect from ourselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12