Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one upset that there wasnt a third option ......

Default Am I the only one upset that there wasnt a third option ......

Just got a email from Plaid Hat that they didn't catch the holodeck card about the last seen token and that there is two options for my preorder.

1. ship the game now without the fixed card and no replacement card to follow

2. wait 3 to 4 weeks and have the replacement card sent with the game.

Since I preordered months ago and paid a extremely high shipping rates ( well above normal online stores ) I don't see why a replacement card wont be available to me . I would even pay a dollar or two to have one sent but to have no option to do that seems in bad taste for those who supported you and preordered the game without even getting to play it yet.I hope they change their mind and ship them all to the preorder people and take care of them when the replacement cards are available . If not I will be certain to think twice to order direct from them again when I could get free shipping and pay half MSRP from Mini Market or Coolstuffinc in the future if I am going to be getting the game at release... Always had good experiences with Plaid Hat in the past but this one stinks.......

I'm going to agree with you on that. Heck, just send it USPS in a plain envelope for <$.50 after the fact and I would be fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlow View Post
    I'm going to agree with you on that. Heck, just send it USPS in a plain envelope for <$.50 after the fact and I would be fine with that.
    Exactly, I just don't get the , no reprint available if you choose the ship now. Still scratching my head on that one!!!!!!

Or you could just choose to wait 3-4 weeks. The universe isn't going to implode if a game ships a couple of weeks later to make a small correction. I think it's kind of nice to have the option to get it sooner if you don't care about the adjustment to the wording.

I'm also in agreement. Plaid Hat has a wonderful reputation for customer service (I can personally attest to it), i can't imagine why the cost of shipping a few thousand (if that) USPS envelopes is not worth it to reward its loyal customers and continue to elevate its reputation. But after all is said and done, I'm glad they didn't just hide it and just delay the game for everyone... not like we really knew when it was supposed to ship out.

But it is essentially punishing the early adopters with an ever so slightly inferior product. One thing you should never do is cause harm to your most loyal customers. Yes, there is the option to wait to have the corrected version, but many of these die hard fans are the ones who have shown they want it as early as possible since they pre-ordered. Many of them also probably want the game prior to Tabletop Day to play it at that time. This would only serve to increase advertising and interest in the game and increase sales for Plaid Hat and Nazca. But again, those who take that route to show off the cool new game are instead left with a botched game which, as of right now, would NEVER be able to be fixed except by buying another copy.

I have a feeling that there will be a third option at some point because Plaid Hat has done right by their customers so much in the past.

So was this just a subtle April Fool's joke?

We previously sent an email to you letting you know we were fixing the Blue Jay Holo-Gram card. That email was incorrect. Some internal miscommunication caused our how to play video to explain wrongly how you track when an agent has been 'last seen' The printed rulebook matches the way the printed card is worded. So we are updating our video to match with the tracking method printed in the rulebook and card, which is - when placing the last seen token you place your figure on top of it. This represents the last place where the agent was seen (but is not currently at).

So there will be no reprint of the card and all pre-orders will start shipping next week. The rules video will be updated to match the printed rulebook and card.

Thank you for understanding and we apologize for any confusion.

Thanks for playing!
    Plaid Hat Games

This is a very sad conclusion. This means both the Rule book and Holo-Gram card were both still printed incorrectly and they chose not to fix either, calling it as correct when that clearly was not the intention (see Watch it Played). This means that as soon as a Hunter catches a glimpse of the Agent they will immediately know the agent's identity. I think I will house rule it to fix it, so that the agent is only "known" once you have full line on sight to the agent.

Quote Originally Posted by jfc1005 View Post
    This is a very sad conclusion. This means both the Rule book and Holo-Gram card were both still printed incorrectly and they chose not to fix either, calling it as correct when that clearly was not the intention (see Watch it Played). This means that as soon as a Hunter catches a glimpse of the Agent they will immediately know the agent's identity. I think I will house rule it to fix it, so that the agent is only "known" once you have full line on sight to the agent.
    Unfortunatly I agree with you and that is a really crappy way to save a few bucks on reprinting the card..... If this is true I have lost a lot of respect for Plaid Hat today.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlow View Post
    So was this just a subtle April Fool's joke?
    I think the way it is meant to be played is that if the token is under the miniature, that is where the agent was last seen and if the hunters didn't already know which agent is playing, they know now. If the token is not under the miniature, the agent is actually there and can be shot at. In other words, the 'last seen' token can never be on the board without the miniature on it. If the agent is exposed by the hunter, the miniature moves to where the agent actually is, and the token goes off board.

Thus the holodecoy shows where the agent was 'last seen' and exposes the agent as Blue Jay. The only difference between this version and Rodney's version is that the agent can hide his identity longer, and the holodecoy isn't as powerful because you don't always question the 'last seen tokens' before the agent is discovered. You'll only question the 'last seen tokens' of Blue Jay.

EDIT: I think that it was all a miscommunication between the employees of Plaid Hat and Watch It Played, and the way it is printed is how it is supposed to be. I like that the holodecoy still has power, but not EVERY last seen token is suspect at the beginning of the game. Someone at plaid hat thought Rodney had the correct rules and second guessed themselves, and now we are all on a wild goose chase.
    Last edited by RustyKettle; 03-31-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast